Chapter One

Edited 21/4/17
Welcome to a typical, cliffhanging story that will have you laughing, cringing and eye rolling. Good luck.

[][][]

Chapter One

'Bang!'

Everything from there felt like time had stopped. My eyes moved slowly as they traveled along with the flying silver bullet. My breath, caught in my throat. What felt like minutes later, I see the bullet make contact with a man. He falls to the floor. Blood pouring out of his now opened back wound.

People around him stare in horror at the now dead man in front of them.

Cries and screams, bring me back to reality. Time unfreezes and I realise what I have done.

"Great shot A!"  Tommy cheers through my ear piece.

I smile. Taking in a large intake of air, I laugh and look away from my scope.

"Perfect line of fire." I say in a cocky manner. My smile never leaving my face.

"I could of got him, if I was set up where you are!" Tommy protests back at me. I can hear the humour in his voice, although the earpiece's signal isn't the best.

I laugh again, and pack away my M40 rifle into the hard metal case. As the locks click closed, a strong hand firmly grips my shoulder.

"Come on, I'll buy you a drink for that one." Tommy says, while picking up my case for me.

"Mission completed." I reply smirking. He chucks his head back and laughs, then turns towards the stairs.

"Alright James Bond, come on then." He kicks open the doors, due to his hands being full from the two weapon cases.

I look back over the edge, seeing the 40ft ground below me. With shelter from the overhead balcony. This small apartment block, had the perfect view of the high rise opposite it.

I look across to the high rise, the glass is shattered from my shot. From the angle of the sun, reflecting on the glass I can't see the faces behind it. But I imagine, they would be horrified.

"A?" Tommy shouts from the staircase.

Making my way over to the door, I can hear the faint sound of sirens in the distance.

[][][]

"You should of seen their faces!" Tommy yells over the noise at the bar. Making unusual but funny faces, to emphasise what happened.

"Was he expecting it?" Sam asks Tommy, while taking another swig of his drink.

Tommy and Sam work for me. Tommy is my assistant, while Sam is the head of defensive training. My name is Ava, however I go by A at work.

After my parents were assassinated two years ago, I was 'gifted' the Grey Gang.
It was like; "Sorry about the death of both your parents. Here, have a gang".
Because my grandfather created the Grey Gang. He passed it on to my mother and father, and they passed it on to me.

The man I killed, he was Grey Gangs rival. He was the leader of the rival gang 'Woodhound'.

I'm brought back to reality when I notice Tommy chug back the rest of his drink. Right now I need to help my drunk assistant. Who thinks its a big celebratory thing that I killed our rivals gang leader.