Chapter 35

(UNEDITED)

"Tommy, we need to get into Woodhound property through the back" I continuously run my hands through my hair, again and again. The stressful and frustrating circumstances of Caleb's kidnapping has kept me up for hours. I need to find him, before Jackson can damage him to much. 

"Well we know that they have a 6 meter high brick wall surrounding their property. Which is topped off with barbed wire. Only way in is over the bridge" Tommy repeats after having gone over this for the last 2 hours. 

"What if we cut through the barb" I suggest, taking a seat after pacing the room. 

"That could work, except where to go from there? That place is a fortress of security cameras" Sam explains. 

I rub my temples. "We could use a decoy" 

"That won't work, Ava perhaps we could come back after we have had some rest? We all need some sleep" Tommy advises. 

I sigh. "You're probably right. We will pick this back up tomorrow morning, 9 o'clock" 

Sam and Tommy both close their folders, and stand up from the table. I put my head in my hands with my elbows rested on the cold table.

I feel Tommy's hand on my shoulder. "Come on A, you need to sleep as well" 

I roll my eyes, but oblige anyway. What use would I be to Caleb if I was drained from exhaustion. 

Packing away my evidence and folders, I follow Tommy and Sam out of the meeting room. The warehouse is silent, apart from the odd guard roaming the halls, everyone else has gone home. I check the time; 2 am. 

We have been in the meeting room since Caleb was kidnapped, last night. I am actually quite hungry. 

I follow the boys towards the garage where our cars are parked. Before I get inside my car, Sam calls my name. 

"Ava. I think it's going to take a while before we will get Caleb. If we want to get in and out of Woodhound alive. We need to plan thoroughly" Sam mentions. 

I sigh. "Yeah I know Sam, I won't make us go into Woodhound until everything is thought through" 

Sam smiles sadly and gets in his car. 

I shut my door and sit at the wheel thinking. 

I can't risk losing Sam and Tommy if we go into Woodhound unprepared. However, I never said anything about me going in alone. 

Starting my car, I drive home. Taking a quick detour to McDonalds, I won't be able to plan my attack on an empty stomach. 

***

It's Monday. Caleb has been missing for 2 full days. I have slept about 8 hours, and even then it wasn't a good sleep. 

Tommy and Sam think I am going insane. Obviously they are only joking because Sam wants to find Caleb as much as I do.  However neither of them know my plan. We have made a plan, but really the plan I am making with them will only help with my plan. 

Going into Woodhound alone is suicide. Therefore I won't take Tommy and Sam with me. I will go alone. It sounds achievable and absolutely stupid and like I said myself it's suicide. However Caleb doesn't deserve this, I should have killed Jackson when I had the chance. 

Changing into my baggy clothes I put on my wig to put my plan into action. Perhaps if Woodhound realize that I'm still alive they will try and kidnap me as well. 

I never said my plan was good. But if Woodhound is as stupid as I think they are, the plan should work. 

Stepping outside, I hear Sam clearing his throat.