Chapter Nine

Edited 18/5/17

[][][]

Chapter Nine

"Is that your tutor?" Tommy asks gruffly from besides me.

I stare in shock, watching as Caleb orders a strawberry flavored ice cream, with an excited grin on his face matching the little girls.

Caleb waits in anticipation, leaning from foot to foot. His eyes filled with love towards the ice cream that is getting made. He really is just a little kid.

He hasn't seen me, he's to busy watching his one true love.

Eventually he gets handed his ice cream, which he immediately sticks his mouth onto. Gross. He's practically sucking the life out of that thing.

I look away, my mind already filled with weirded out images.

Tommy chuckles beside me.

"What?!" I ask, using my hand to block the image of Caleb making out with his ice cream.

"Nothing." Tommy says quickly, pretending to zip up his lips. I scowl at him.

Peeking through my hands, I see Caleb paying for his and the little girls ice creams.

It's then we make eye contact. I immediately look down. Pretending Like I wasn't looking at him. Out the corner of my eye, I see Caleb and the little girl approaching Tommy and I's table.

I pretend to look busy.

"Hey Ava." Caleb greets happily, I look up to see a cheesy grin and huge blue eyes staring down at me.

His eyes are amazing.

"Hey." I wave a little.

"What's up?" He asks like it isn't obvious.

I simply point at my ice cream.

He smirks, and then the little girl holding Caleb's arm squirms.

"Caleb, where is Sammy?" She asks, looking at the door waiting for someone.

"He said to wait for him here." Caleb explains to the little girl.

The little girl nods and sits down opposite me. I take in her appearance.

She has crazy blonde hair, curls cascading down her back. Her blue eyes, remind me of Caleb's. Light blue and deep. She's wearing a red shirt that reads 'I love ice cream'. How ironic. 

"Hey." I say awkwardly, realising that the little girl is staring at me.

"I'm Gabby." She says happily her eyes full of life as she explores her ice cream.

Realisation crosses my mind as I remember Caleb telling me about his 6 year old sister named Gabby.

"I'm Ava, this is Tom." I say introducing both Tommy and I. Caleb sits down opposite Tommy, watching me engage conversation with Gabby.

"Do you know my brother?" Gabby asks Tommy and I, looking confusingly at us both.

I smile, "Yes, I do, we go to school together." I say looking at Caleb.

He's wearing a plain white shirt, and black shorts. His brown hair sweeps over his excited eyes. He notices me looking at him and instantly smirks. That smirk has me weak. It's covers his entire face and it's truly beautiful.

I bite my bottom lip and look away before I blush like crazy and my stomach erupts in butterflies.

What is wrong with me right now?