Chapter 30

AVA POV:

It was Monday morning. Trust me that sentence alone was enough for even me to crawl back under my bed sheets and try to sleep. Simply because it's Monday.

Yesterday, Tommy and I flew the helicopter into the city for a meeting with a partnership of a large hotel organisation. It was good to get out of my common north shore area for the day. Sam was going to come, but apparently he needed to talk to Caleb about something. I don't know what. Although even that didn't help take my mind off the fact the Ashley Mac, is back at school today. 

You have no idea, how much I want to punch Ashley's face in. Obviously I can't. 

It was gym where she came in late, her hair dry even though there is small shower of rain going on outside. Every boy in my gym class stopped and watched as a smirk covered her face, and she walked flipping her blonde hair over her shoulder. 

I scoffed silently. 

"Ashley, you can go change quickly, and join us. You're already late" Mrs Hail states firmly, and I catch a sigh past through Mrs Hails lips as Ashley walks away smirking at the love struck boys. I'm glad at least someone knows how horrible Ashley is. 

"Well get on with game!" Mrs Hail, blows her whistle knocking mostly everyone back into reality to continue with our game.

I cringe as Ashley comes out of the changing room wearing the shortest clothing possible, without this turning pornographic. The boys once again, stop playing just to stare at her. 

I roll my eyes, and throw the dodge ball at myself, simply so I can get 'out' and take a seat somewhere where I don't have to watch freak show Ashley. 

Mrs Hail watches me as I take a seat in the far corner of the gym and take out my phone. She doesn't comment, which I am thankful for. Instead she blows her whistle again and starts barking orders for Ashley to join a team, and scolding her at the same time for her inappropriate wardrobe. 

They begin playing again, while I sit and play Candy Crush on my phone. Eventually I hear the advance of Mrs Hail as she makes her way towards me, and kneeling down in front of me. 

I look up from my phone and give her a confused look. She half smiles. "Ava, are you okay?" 

I smile inwardly. Mrs Hail has always been my favorite teacher. She actually cares about the students and I think that's what makes her likable. She looks out for me, even if sometimes I wish she didn't.

"I'm fine" I reply blankly. 

"Ava, you know you can talk to me at anytime" She says smiling again. 

I fake a smile back at her and don't reply. 

She sighs and then stands back up to join the class. 

She doesn't know it, but what she had just done. I will be forever grateful for. 

"Holy crap! You're still a fat loner!" Ashley squeals, walking over to me. Catching the attention of the entire class, but not Mrs Hail. 

I try ignore her, and continue playing Candy Crush. But it doesn't work, because she snatches my phone from my hand.

"It's been awhile little let down. I heard you have parent issues" She snares. 

I stand up, and try and grab my phone back which she moves away. 

I sigh which makes her smirk. 

"Do your parents think your pathetic as well?" She asks, showing the only emotion of hate in her green eyes. I don't know what I did for her to hate me so much. Perhaps when I tipped a bottle of glue all over her hair. I snicker thinking about it.