Chapter Eleven

Edited 5/6/17

Chapter Eleven

[][][]

My fists pound the punching bag continuously. Sweat runs down my forehead, I don't wipe it. I feel my hands start bleeding, but I don't stop. The only sound is my panting, and the rhythmic beat of my fists.

I step away, allowing the punching bag to take a rest. Grabbing my drink bottle, I squirt the iced water over my head to cool me down. Not wasting a moment more, I begin my session with the bag again.

As I train in the early morning, eventually people begin entering the warehouse. They watch me as they walk past and I get annoyed with their stares.

I decide that I've had enough, and grab my towel, wiping away my sweat from my neck and forehead. Unstrapping my gloves I chuck them into my training bag along with my empty drink bottle.

I came to the gym at 4am, after being awoken from another nightmare. A nightmare still replaying the same images of my mother and father stating it was my fault for their death. To take my anger out on something I began hitting the bag, and that's where I have stayed until 7am.

With my bag slung over my shoulder I make my way towards my office. The guards standing out front greet me, but I ignore them. Getting inside, I walk over to my bathroom and have a shower. My spare clothes, left hanging in my wardrobe for after training use.

I put on my blue sports jumper, and baggy sweatpants. Getting my wig, I place it on my head clipping it into place. My glasses come next, the black rimmed glasses practically cover my entire face. I take one look in the mirror and smile inwardly at the masterpiece in front of me.

I had Tommy pick up my school bag this morning from my house, walking over to my desk and grabbing my phone to check the messages. I have three from Tommy, one from Sam, and two from Finn.

Tommy:

- Where is your bag?

- I can't find it!

- Who leaves their bag under their bed?

I laugh as I read over Tommy's texts.

Sam:

- I talked with Caleb about you, he says your only his biology classmate... Nothing else.

I don't know why, but that brought my mood down. 

Shaking my head I read the last two messages from Finn.

Finn:

- Where are you?

- Call me if you need me!

I reply to all the texts with yeps, and okays. Eventually Tommy bursts through my office door, carrying my school bag.

"Thank you." I say taking it from him, he nods.

"Well I'm going to school." I state gruffly, and begin leaving my office but a cautious hand wraps around my forearm disallowing me to go anywhere.

I look back at Tommy, he's staring at the ground intently. I'm worried he might burn a whole through it.

"What?" I ask, after he doesn't say what's on his mind quickly enough.