Chapter 38 (Part one)

THE ESCAPE!! 

AVA'S POV:

I can walk, thank the lord!

I was seriously wondering whether Jackson or Robert would break my legs to stop me from trying to escape. However they didn't, they aren't the smartest cookies in the cookie jar thankfully. 

However just because I can walk, doesn't mean I am okay. 

I think my arm is broken in like 4 different places, I don't know. Stopped counting after the series of snapping sounds. Can you even break the arm in 4 different places? I'm not sure, it's been a long couple of hours. It's not like I am in pain, I literally cannot feel anything, anywhere. Everywhere is numb. 

Jackson and Robert have decided to go to sleep, however they left me in this brick room alone. The door has a tiny window, and that's it. 

I crawl into a stand, and I think I use my arms to steady myself. I can't be to sure, my arms a numb. I think I said that already. Plus my eyesight is pretty bad. I got punched in the face a few times, so I can imagine my eyes are as huge as an inflatable exercise ball. 

Squinting, even though its dark in this room, I fall onto the door. Catching myself as I go. 

I need to get out of here, Caleb needs to get out of here. 

One of my arms, I notice isn't numb. I must have just been imagining it. 

Using my good arm, I try the door handle, and obviously it's locked. 

I shut my eyes to think. What is the time? How long do I have before Caleb blows his cell open. 

I fall to my knees, and decide to try and find something around the room I can use to escape. Like a rock to smash the glass of the window, so I can reach the lock on the outside. How I will unlock the door without a key, I will worry about once I have broken the glass. 

Scanning the ground and the walls, I look for a loose brick or a piece of rock that had broken off. Basically anything that could break through the glass. 

Unfortunately for me, there are no loose bricks. 

I sigh and sit back trying to think of a new plan. I would try break the glass with my hand, but I don't want to hurt my only good hand. 

I sit staring at four walls for what felt like half an hour, before I decided I needed to try a different idea to break the glass. 

Looking up I find the turned off light bulb, practically asking me to use. 

Grinning I stand up and reach for the bulb, but pull my arms back down just as quickly as a searing pane shoots through my body. 

Lifting my top up, I have cut marks. Some as long as my forearm traveling down my sides, and across my stomach. 

They look to have stopped bleeding for now, as they are healing, however stretching to reach the light bulb will only reopen the wounds. 

My clothes are stained with blood, even under the darkness I can tell. It's cold and I smell of blood. Now noticing my cuts, I can understand why. 

I tap my chin as I rethink. 

Shoe lace. 

I can use my shoe lace, and throw it around the bulb. Then I can move around the room, to spin the bulb out of the socket. 

I undo my shoe and take the lace from it. 

Then I attempt, many, many time to wrap the shoelace around the bulb without it being to slack and the lace just sliding off the bulb.