Meeting the Family

I stood up and followed Donnie to the corner. He motioned for me to wait there. I leaned against the wall and watched him walk into the skater-bowl room. I heard a voice say; "Donnie! You should've seen us! We kicked- butt up there!"

A slap echoed in the tunnels and a deep, gruff voice growled. "We would have kicked a lot more butt if you wouldn't have gotten in my way!"

A third, calm and cool voice added. "There's no need to take your anger out on Mikey. Cool it, Raph."

I wanted so badly to peek around the corner, but I stayed put when I heard Donnie greet them. "H-hey guys! Y-you'll never guess what I found while you were gone!" A combination of voices mixed all together, and I heard a lot of "cure?"

"N-no... Sorry, no cure yet... And I'm sorry for not telling you before, but I met someone, Leo. The same night that Raph rescued Miss Vitali, I ran into another mutant... Angel?" I took this as a que and stepped around the corner.

"Hello." I waved at the three turtle boys. They were clearly related to Donnie and the only obvious differences were that they wore different colored masks, they were different sizes, and wielded different ninja weapons. The one with the orange mask... Probably Mikey, was staring at me with huge, blue eyes.

"Dude..." He drawled.

Leo, I suspected the blue masked turtle, looked stumped for a moment before nodding a hello to me. "Nice to meet you, Angel."

The last one with the red mask just screamed 'Raphael' as Donnie had told me before about each of his brothers. He only grunted and smirked slightly, sifting his weight from one leg to the other. I smirked back and spoke. "You must be Raphael..." I looked at Leo. "Leonardo... And Michelangelo... Donnie's told me a lot about you all." Returning Mikey's stare before glancing up at Donnie.

"Angel came over to see my lab... And meet you guys, of course."

Mikey smiled huge. "You're like... a mutant!" I shrugged, letting my wings stretch out a little.

"Something like that."

-

After meeting their father, Master Splinter, I said goodbye to the three turtles and exited the sewers. Donnie followed me out to say goodbye. As he kicked the metal cover over the hole, I gazed up at the sky, gasping. "What time is it?"

Checking one of his many clocks, he answered. "3:46, why?"

Chuckling, I ran my fingers through my hair. "I didn't realize how long I had been gone. I'll be regretting it tomorrow." After a moment, I changed my mind. "Never mind... I won't be."

He shoved his hands in his pockets. "I'm glad you decided to visit."

"I am too." I nodded and stretched my wings out to their full length. "See you again soon, Donatello." With a gust of wind, I pushed off. I flew home, clutching my bag. Inside it, Donnie's books he let me borrow.

,