Confusion Bears Bitterness

Head in my hands, I sat in the chair. I took it all in as I drew a shaky breath. It was like reading a science fiction novel; except for the insane similarities between the main character and me. Tears were stinging my eyes and it wasn't because of the glare of the screens.

"You were a 4.0 student at the most advanced high school in the state. You had such a promising future... You also had a boyfriend..." Donnie stood in the corner, staring at his feet. "I'm sorry I freaked out about it. I..."

"It's alright, Donnie." I stood up and walked toward the door. I attempted to pass by him, but he stopped me.

"Do you want to talk about it, Angie? I mean, what do you think about all that?"

I shook my head. "I don't know what to think! I just want to go home and think about it, okay? Let me go!"

"Oh... Okay." His hands dropped to his sides. "I'm just trying to help."

All I wanted was to be alone. I turned my head as I walked away. "Well, stop trying! It's not working! Just leave me alone!" I regretted it as soon as the words left my lips. I buried my face in my hands as I flew home. I would apologize to him as soon as I calmed down. But for now, I only wanted to go home.

tal\" ���$Q�