Part 6

Has Clank and Kaden board the same ship that Qwark sent them on Veldin, Clank keyed in coordinates into the small computer in the space ship. Kaden adjusted the steering.

“All ready to go, Kaden.” Clank said. Kaden nodded and turned the engine on. He turned on the thrashers and blasted off into space. For the first half an hour, both men in the ship were silent. Clank made sure that Kaden was flying the right way. Kaden just flew the ship, every once and a while he would check that the navigator to make sure he was going the right way.

“Clank?” Kaden asked breaking the silence.

“Yes?” Clank replied

“Was my son a good kid?”

Clank was silent, he was surprised that Kaden would talk about his son right now. “Yes. Yes he was.”

“What was he like? Did he have a sense of humour? Was he-“ Kaden started before Clank broke in.

“Ratchet was a smart and loyal Lombax. But he did right to run into things quickly. And yes, he did have a big sense of humour.” Clank answered.

Kaden smiled. But his smile quickly turned into a frown.

“Alert! Alert! Ship on approach.” The ship alerted.

“The ship is trying to transmit a message.” Clank said. He pressed a button on the control pad and the last person he wanted to see appeared.

Dr Nefarious.

“Why hello there Ratchet. How nice it is to see you.” Nefarious said sarcastically.

“What do you want Nefarious?” Clank asked.

“I just wanted to find out what happened at the Great Clock. I believe a few Lombax’s have been resurrected from it.” Nefarious said.

Kaden didn’t say anything. he didn’t know what this person knew about it.

“So where’s your son, Kaden?” Nefarious said. Kaden’s ears stood up. Clank was the first to reply.

“How to you know that?” Clank asked.

“I just happened to bump into him. He explained to me what happened to dear Ratchet when he handed me his body!” Nefarious laughed. “So now we are on good terms with each other. I believe he is now after Clank as we speak.”

Clank turned off the transmitter and looked at Kaden. Kaden’s had sunk down. And a tear ran down the right side of his face.

“Well this makes stuff harder now.” He said. “What do you think we should do?”

“I think we should continue to Fastoon, work out how to save resurrect Ratchet and then try to find him.” Clank said. Kaden nodded in agreement.

“Continue the course to Fastoon.” Kaden said to Clank.