Part 12

Everyone was amazed. Talwyn started crying tears of joy. Kaden had the biggest smile in the universe. Clank sat at Ratchet’s head and stroked his fur. Azimuth stood in the corner. He didn’t realise that it worked and how bad he felt. He didn’t realise how many people he hurt. Crock and Zephyr stood behind Talwyn. They were very happy.

“Cronk, Zephyr, can you take Ratchet to the ship. I’ll meet you there in a minute or so. Zephyr walked over to Ratchet and picked him up, holding him in both arms, Zephyr followed Cronk out of the court. Talwyn walked over to Kaden left and patted him on the back,

“I knew you could do it.” She said to Kaden. Kaden turned around and smiled at her.

“Thanks.” He said. Behind them, someone started clapping slowly. Someone with metal hands. Both Talwyn and Kaden turned around. And standing at the door was Doctor Nefarious and his butler, Lawrence.

“Well done.” Dr Nefarious said sarcastically. “You actually did it. Well, at least now I have one more idiot to kill.”

Azimuth stepped forward, his face had a serious look, “Nefarious, we had a deal, no one–“

“HAD!” interrupted Nefarious “We had a deal Azimuth.” Nefarious took his blaster from Lawrence and tried to shoot Azimuth. Azimuth did a commando roll out of the way of the laser shot from Nefarious’ blaster and towards his Praetorian OmniWrench. He was ready to fight. Kaden took out his Combustor and readied it. Clank stood close to his leg. Talwyn took out her gun and aimed at Nefarious. She was the one to take the first shot. It Nefarious in his bad eye, disabling it. Nefarious roared with anger. Her turned to face Talwyn and was about to shot when Azimuth’s Omniwrench struck him in the legs. Nefarious tripped and fell. Nefarious screamed again and shot his gun. The laser deflected around the room. But it hit Kaden in the shoulder. He was blown back due to the force of the shot and smashed against the wall behind him. Kaden’s head hit the wall hard and knocked him out.

“Kaden!” Clank shouted. Clank ran over to Kaden to make sure nothing else happened to him. Talwyn shot Nefarious again, this time in the chest.

“Do you think it is that easy to kill me!” Nefarious shouted. He pressed a button on his arm. He teleported away but as he did was disappearing. He managed to get passed Talwyn and get hold of both Kaden and Clank’s legs. They teleported with Nefarious. Talwyn stood in the Court, Azimuth was on the opposite end of the room. Talwyn ran over to Azimuth

“We’ll have to save them.” She pleaded.

“I know, but right now, you need to make sure Ratchet gets a full recovery.”

“How long should he rest?”

“Because of the thing that Kaden did, probably a day or two. I’ll come with you to your space station.”

“Fine. Let me get to my ship and I’ll send you the coordinates.” Talwyn finished. Azimuth nodded and the two ran out of the Court and got into their ships. Talwyn sent Azimuth the coordinates and took off from Fastoon and headed to her space station.