Part 13

“Where are you going? This is your responsibility! You can’t just walk away! The Lombax’s need us! Don’t walk away from me! I. SAID. STOP!!!”

Ratchet jolted awake from the dream. The last thing he remembered from the dream was falling off the Great Clock. But the only thing troubling him was the fact it felt so real. Did that happen? He wasn’t sure. He remembered that it was Azimuth that threw a plasma ball at him. As he though of that, a sharp, stabbing pain flared up in the left side of his chest. Ratchet sat up and went to pull away his armour but realised that the top of it had been removed. And a line of blood was where the pain was. He must have cut himself or something. His gloves had been removed as well. Ratchet licked his thumb and wiped the blood away. But found it weird that there was no scratch or scar under the blood. Ratchet stood up and looked around the room. He worked out that he was in the hospital wing in the Apogee Space Station. He forget how many times he had been in here. On the table next to the bed was his pilot suit. He didn’t care how it go there. Ratchet got changed into it and put his gloves on. He walked to the sliding door and opened it. The doors opened up in to the hallway facing the oasis part of the space station. In the dome, Talwyn and Azimuth were busy looking at a map, most likely plotting a course somewhere. Talwyn looked up and faced Ratchet. Her smile must have been as wide as her face. She threw the map at Azimuth and ran out the oasis and ran at the speed of light to Ratchet, Talwyn jumped on Ratchet, almost knocking him over.

“Hey Tal! What’s the rush?” Ratchet asked.

Talwyn let go and faced Ratchet, “It’s been a while since we saw each other.”

Ratchet looked at Talwyn, “How long?” he asked.

“A while, how are you?”

“Fine, I just had a weird dream about the Great Clock.” Ratchet explained.

“Ok. Look, Clank is in danger, he need to find him. Me and Azimuth have been working out the most likely place he would be. Follow me” Ratchet followed Talwyn into the oasis. Azimuth stood up and shook Ratchet’s hand.

“Ratchet, I’m sorry for what happened at the Great Clock. It never should have happened.” Azimuth explained.

Ratchet looked at Talwyn. “What’s he going on about? Does it have something to do with a dream I had?”

“What dream?” Azimuth asked. Ratchet explained the dream. “That is what I am sorry about.”

Talwyn took Ratchet’s hand. “You died Ratchet.”

Ratchet nearly fell over. “What?”

Azimuth told Ratchet want happened, but didn’t tell Ratchet what happened with the Lombax’s. He didn’t want Ratchet to know about his father. He thought it was better that he thought that Kaden was still dead.

“So where do you think Clank is?” Ratchet asked.

“The last time we saw him was when we were fighting Dr Nefarious. And Nefarious was able to kidnap him.” Azimuth said. Talwyn nodded in agreement.

“Well then we need to save him!” Ratchet exclaimed.

“We are. Don’t stress Ratchet. We’ll find him. Were going to take off to Nefarious’ space station in 4 hours or so. So you can rest.” Talwyn said. “Go and prep your weapons, there in the armoury. I think Cronk has moved your armour there as well.”

Ratchet nodded and left the oasis room. He headed down the hallway to the armoury. He opened the door and was greeted by a table full of his weapons and armour. On the table, the weapons on it was the Mag-Net Launcher, Negotiator, Buzz Blades and Shredder Claws. The armour on the table was his Holoflux armour. He smiled at the site and prepared himself for battle. Nefarious was going to get it, once and for all.