Part 14

Ratchet was prepped and ready within an hour, But Talwyn insisted that he was to either practice or rest. Ratchet agreed to practicing. Talwyn got the targets ready, bot moving and stationary. Ratchet pulled out the Combustor. He shot three shots at the targets. He missed all three. Talwyn stood at the door laughing.

“You aim is way off!” Talwyn said

Ratchet smiled. “What can I say, I was for like, three weeks or something.”

Talwyn’s laugher stopped. She walked towards him, took the Combustor and slipped her hand into Ratchets. “Please don’t joke about that Ratchet. When Clank told me about what happened to you, I almost couldn’t bare it. Then when Azimuth and Clank got your body, I couldn’t look at it. Now that your back… I don’t want to think about that time again.” Talwyn finished. Ratchet let go of her hand and hugged her, he felt Talwyn’s head on his shoulder. Her tear got though his armour and onto his fur.

“Nothing like that is going to happen to me again, Tal. I promise.” Ratchet whispered.

Talwyn pulled back and pointed at the target. “Try shotting again. Three shots, three targets.” She said handing back the gun and wiped away a tear. Ratchet aimed and fired. But this time, he hit all three.

Talwyn and Ratchet practiced with guns and the Omniwrench for the rest of the time. Kissing every once and a while. Until Azimuth came.

“You guys ready or do you want to keep kissing?” Azimuth said, catching the couple kissing after Ratchet shot a hologram of Dr Nefarious. Both Ratchet and Talwyn stepped away from each other both blushing. They nodded and followed Azimuth to the ship bay. Azimuth got into his ship, Ratchet and Talwyn jumped into Aphelion.

Through the transmitter, Azimuth said “I’ll meet you two at Nefarious’ space station. Ok?”

“Yep.” Ratchet answered. The call ended and Aphelion took off.

While on the way to the space station, I don’t want two to kissing each other.” Aphelion said.

Ratchet rolled his eyes. “Whatever Aphelion. Lets get to the station now.” 

***************************************************************************************************************

Half an hour later, Ratchet, Talwyn and Azimuth reached the station. Ratchet landed his ship in the same place as the first time he came here to stop Nefarious the first time. Azimuth landed a bit further away from Aphelion. Ratchet and Talwyn hopped out the ship and walked to Azimuth.

“How did you get into the station the first time Ratchet?” Azimuth asked.

“That time I had Qwark. And this time, we need to the jail of the station, not the bridge.” Ratchet pointed out. “We need to scan the layout of the space station.”

“Why don’t we use common sense and head down to the bottom.” Talwyn said softly punching Ratchet in the shoulder.

“We could also do that. It would probably be the easiest.” Ratchet said.

“Right, we’ll do that. Make sure you stay on your guard, you don’t want Nefarious’ forces killing you.” Azimuth said, mostly eyeing Ratchet.

Ratchet tightened his grip on his Omniwrench. He was going to make sure he kept his promise to Talwyn. No one was going to die anytime soon.