❤️ Relationship Ghouls: AYASSEL FanFic ❤️

To: A person I can't tag. Tag her, if you want. ^-^

  *:・゚✧  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Care to enlighten me?" I whispered, and gave him a faint smile.

My memories recollected, and the next thing I knew it, I found myself back in the past. Well... my mind in the past, anyway.

"But..."

I stared straight into the pair of blue-violet of the person I loved more than anyone in the world.

His current aura was giving out an intense and cold atmosphere around the both of us.

He was gripping unto my bangs in the most brutal way, I couldn't help but give way for the liquid that was about to pass into my eyes.

"Yato," I faltered. Even with my scared closing eyes, I could feel his own ones glaring at me.

I tried holding back my tears for what seemed like the millionth time and swallowed the big gap of pain and sadness lying on my throat.

"A-Ayato," I began, forcing my eyes open to find his cold, once warm, eyes glaring at me. "You... You wouldn't, would you?"

I could see the fury and rage burning in his eyes. "Wouldn't what?"

I forced the painful words out of my mouth. "Y-You wouldn't... kill... and eat... me... would you? I-I know you're a kind person at heart. I know you're better than that."

Ayato's grip loosened a little and his eyes seemed to have darken.

There was a moment of silence.

Until I saw Ayato smile, my heart started thumping faster and faster. Not in a good way, unfortunately.

"You really don't get it, do you?" he muttered quietly, his eyes hiding behind his bangs.

When he looked up, my heart skipped a beat. Ayato's eyes looked like they were ready to attack. Ready to devour. Ready to kill. 

He's in his ghoul mode.

Well damn, I'm screwed.

"Chrissel, Chrissel, Chrissel," Ayato chanted, lowering his eyelids. He flashed me with a mischievous smile. "I have to dispose of you humans. All of you pathetic, useless creatures."

I couldn't move. Like I was paralyzed. All I could do, however, was stare in horror at him as he continue to say more painful things to my ears.

Ayato's grip hardened as he gave me a psychotic look. Closing our distance, he whispered in my ear, "What good would it even do for you to live? You're just an eyesore to my sight."

"You don't mean that," I said out, trembling.

He decreased the closeness of our distance and smiled at me darkly. "Oh, yes I do. I mean it all."

"I love you, Ayato," I chocked out.

Ayato's smile dissipated and he grimly stared at me. "The hell does that mean."

I felt like I've just been kicked in the stomach. I cried continuously, "I love you. I love you. I love you!"

"Shut up!!" he yelled. "You filthy...!" I braced myself for his attack and...

*BITE*

I tightly closed my eyes but for some odd reason, didn't feel any expected pain.

I slowly opened my eyes and what I saw made my world stop.

"AYATO!!!" I cried.

The ghoul was biting his own wrist and blood came flooding out. "Ayato! Ayato!!"

The blood coming from his wrist was non-stop. "Ayato, why did you...?" My words trailed off.

He released the bite and didn't flinch. Ayato's eyes were closed and the grip of his hand loosened.

"Chrissel, I..." Ayato chocked out blood which would've frightened me under normal circumstances, but right then and there, I was more concerned of him than some red liquid.

"Ssh, don't talk," I said.

Ayato's injured wrist, along with his hand, rested on my head.

"Y-You fool," he coughed. "S-Stay away from m-me..."

"I don't want to!" I yelled which caused him to roll his eyes. He knows my decisions are firm. "Why... why did even hurt yourself? You were aiming for me... right...?"

"Tch, shut up."

"Ayato!"

He glared at me but not as cold as the glare he gave me earlier. "I don't know, okay? Now shut your mouth."

Ayato coughed and I glared at him. "I will NOT shut up. And I won't take 'I don't know' as an answer."

"I can still devour you now, you know," he mumbled.

I paused. Then quietly, I said, "I know you wouldn't..."

. . .

Ayato closed his eyes. The eyes that were once in the form of a beast, were now calm. His eyes were normal.

"I... I could kill anyone," he began while I quietly listened. Then he paused before he continued. "... But... what's stopping me from killing you? What made me hesitate at the very last minute which made me injure myself?"

Ayato looked into my eyes as if he were searching for an answer but I looked away and didn't utter a word.

"A pathetic reason, is what I know," he said.

I looked back at him, tears from my eyes escaping.

He smiled sadly. "... Because I..."

Caressing my left cheek with his hand while holding unto my head with the other, Ayato leaned closely to my face, touching my lips carefully with his.

"... I love you, Chrissel... More than anything in this world."

-END-

  (\__/)
  (   .   . )
C(") (") 

I have not done this for a long time.