Jaxx Skits Ft. Friends: Things Not to Say to Artists

*Plays Pokemon*

(c): http://jungkatz.com/2014/04/28/25-things-you-should-never-say-to-an-artist-pt-1/

(c): https://www.lightspacetime.com/top-10-things-you-should-never-say-to-an-artist/

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

So, I was just wandering in the world of Wattpad. I saw this art that Nash made. I commented several things, which I, later on deleted (peace, Nash v-v).

And so, this whole Things-You-Should-Never-Say-To-Artists popped in my head.

Why the hell not?

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

1. "Make one for me!"

Pay me! This took time and money, you know, not to mention a lot of practice.

2. "You're so lucky!"

Practice is hard work, not luck.

3. "That's a hobby not a job."

If you make money from it and have responsibilities, then it's a job.

4. "What's your real job?"

Astronaut cowboy millionaire.

5. "It must be nice sitting around doing nothing all day."

For art to be considered doing "nothing" it sure seems hard for a lot of people to do.

6. "I wish I had that much time on my hands."

Sorry I spent my free time crafting a skill rather than just sitting on the couch in front of the TV.

7. "You're just wasting your time."

If doing something I love and trying to make my dreams come true is a waste, then I don't know what isn't a waste of time.

8. "Will you make my yard sale signs for me?"

Are you serious?

9. "You can make stuff anytime, do this instead..."

No, I can't, because people like you, who assume that I have all the time in the world, won't stop interrupting me. Ahhh!

10. "Your art looks just like this other artist's."

Um, nope. No it does not.

11. "Will you make a knock off of some other artist's work for me?"

How about you just go buy it from them instead of asking me to disrespectfully ripoff a fellow artist? It's also pretty presumptions to assume that I would give you a better deal for my time than they would anyways.

12. "You should draw this and this and this..."

No and no and no.

13. "You should do this for free to gain exposure."

And this would be why artists have a hard time making a living. Maybe you should go volunteer some extra hours at your day job for extra exposure to your boss. Maybe it'll land you more work to do for free!

14. "I can get that for cheaper at Walmart."

Yeah, and you can also get something made by exploited workers that hurts the economy and goes straight to big corporations! What you can't buy there is a few-of-a-kind item that supports independent artists/small businesses and, therefore, helps the economy.