Preferance

X03's POV

"-and how do you feel now?" He clicked his pen impatiently.

"Numb... I feel empty..."

"Good, good..." he jotted this down on his clipboard. "it's almost time for your due date... What are your feelings on this X?"

"I... I tremble. I am unfamiliar with this. I feel my heart race. I can't control my breathing. I feel as though I'm ill and I just want to lay down and fall asleep forever."

"You will in due time." The doctor touched my cheek. He studied my eyes than tilted my neck to the side and took his pen writing next to his other possible dates. I just stared at the wall as I felt the pen drag across my skin. caress it with it's sharp point.

"Will it be able to feel? Unlike me?"

"They will be real. A soul and it's own path will be available." He finished writing and looked back at me.

"Can you at least tell it how I feel... How my I feel my chest flutter when I think of it? How I wish I could name it and protect-"

"Of course X03... You would of made a great parent... Rest now. It's almost time." The doctor picked up a shot from the little table next to my bed. He rolled my sleeve up my delicate thin arms. I closed my eyes, feeling that same pinch of the thin needle piercing my skin, adding yet anther little scab.

I felt my mind fog even more over and I fell back against the soft bed. staring at the blank ceiling.

"Go to sleep now."

~The following next week~

My lower abdomen was on fire, I could feel a liquid travel down my legs. I tried to scream. My baby was coming and no one was here to help me. My body having weakened a great deal for this day. I tried calling out. My hands grasping at the blankets. I lifted my hips slightly, feeling a agony sweep through my veins.

My voice was lost as I tried to scream again. I cried for the first time in my existence. I had never felt pain or even this level of agony. I shook greatly feeling my body spasm in a way that I knew that something was wrong.

I lifted a hand and put it on my stomach. My baby furiously kicking. It wanted out. And out it will be...

I had been through the instructions on what to do. I tilted my head back and spread my legs. I closed my eyes and began to push. Lights flashed before me. Doctors spilling into the room at a frantic pace, hurrying into their blue uniforms. I groped for a familiar hand. Only finding nothing.

I heaved out breaths like I was running- no sprinting a mile. I felt cool rags being swept across my forehead, arms, stomach, and chest. They were trying to keep my alive long enough for the birth. The doctors with the rags working at keeping me calm, cooing words of comfort. Than a hand slipped into mine. I looked up at the father of my baby. I mouthed words trying to gain his attention. But He looked nervously at my heart monitor instead. I gripped his hand tighter as anther quiet scream passed my lips like a breath of air leaving ones lungs. Which it was, but I quickly sucked in anther. Pushing with all my might.

I could feel my baby right there. The doctor warning me that I was almost done. My body ached and I couldn't find the will anymore.

"Come on X! Push one more time! For our baby!" CY05 yelled, holding my hand as tight as possible. Staring at me with tear stained cheeks.

I clenched my jaw and just as he asked I pushed one last time, finally hearing little cry's of the baby I had not yet seen.

I slumped against the bed loosing my grip on CY05. I parted my thin lips. Taking steady breaths. The doctors working on me, trying at least to save me.

I didn't focus on anyone else, just the little bundle in my doctors arms. The baby still crying quietly. Its tiny hands clenched and its nose scrunched up in distaste to the man. I blinked lazily just starring at him. I felt a weak smile touch my lips. I patted CY05's hand. Knowing my final moments were here. He stared at me with a great sadness. I touched his cheek.

He moved forward pecking my thin lips. "Their going to call it XX09... X... It looks just like you. Your blonde hair..." He twisted my hair in his fingers whispering to me. "Your delicate features, even with those chubby cheeks..." He moved his hand down caressing my cheek now. "Plump lips, which I know will thin out, just like yours is." He traced his thumb on my lips. He cried some more just staring at me.

I gazed at him. I touched his heart and than his forehead. He closed his eyes and bowed his head. I took in a small breath. Whispering what I hoped would be with CY for his whole life. "I love you. Take care of our Angel." I drew away my finger tips getting comfy in my bed. CY held my hand again waiting patiently as I slowly slipped into that forever sleep I've dreamed of.

A/N

This was I admit depressing. In case you hadn't noticed I didn't put in a specific gender. I kept saying 'it' 'it' 'it'

There is a explanation... Which you will know in the next chapter filling the next important day in XX09's life.

This will have pregnancy (anther one than up above~) so be warned if this chapter wasn't to your liking.

As for X03... Well, lets all have a moment of silence.

...

Thank you. X03 will be important later on. I know X03 is dead but- no wait... That's a spoiler! NVM! IGNORE ME!!

;_;

*X03 stares at Miya now sitting comfortably on a cloud with me* will my Angel be happy?

Me: I don't know... Flip a coin?

X03: *glare* don't hurt my baby now. I know where you live...

Me: *hides*

~Dark Angel out~