Chapter 1

XX09's POV

"Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall~ Humpty had a great fall... All the kings men and all the kings horses could not put Humpty Dumpty together again." I sang along to the sad little tune CY05 told me.

"You've practiced XX." CY05 entered my room and I ran over to him on my short 4 year old legs. Giggling as he lifted me in the air. "You taught me~"

"Of course I did. It's almost time to teach you anther." We sat down on my already made bed. My room consisted of a bed, a desk, a shelf and a beanbag chair by the shelf full of children's books, from princess books to cars books. My room was completely white, besides the bright blue bedspread the doctors allowed me to have.

"I wanna read with you again." I tugged on CY's shirt looking up at him with a pout.

"Of course my Angel. What should we read today?"

~Later~

"Sorry to break this up but it is time for XX's medication." A nurse walked in. Her black hair falling to her mid back and he maids uniform consisted of black scrubs and a white lab coat with pins on it.

"I gotta go Angel... Remember what I taught you about shots." CY kissed the top of my head before he let me up, getting off if the bean bag chair and walking out. The only time I got to see him. I watched CY go.

"Okay XX sit on your chair while I get your meds prepared." The nurse pulls out at least eight needles, a lot of different bottles of liquid in a box she carried everywhere. She placed them in the wheeling tray and prepared the needles and placing a variety of pills next to a glass of water.

I sat in my chair, my little legs hardly making it to the floor so climbing was necessary. She moved the tray closer to me. "Shots or pills first XX?"

"Pills..." I put out my little hand, taking two or three at a time. Taking big gulps of the water till I finished the glass and pills. I looked up at her. Staring only at her. She slowly poked each needles into each of my arms. Band aids covering my arms. I have made a habit of collecting them as they seemed to be the only color I got to wear. She added eight more bandaids today.

She stood erect, than gave me a kiss on the top of my head, gathering her trash, leaving the tray empty and leaving.

"-and he could not be put back together again..." I whispered to myself.

I got up and laid down on my bed, burying my head in the blankets. I sniffled.

"I wish I knew what I was..."

~After dinner~

Dinner... Same as usual. Soup and sandwich. I didn't eat tonight, I was to depressed. And for a four year old if felt like the world was ending.

I stared at the little window the doctors permitted in my room so I wasn't so bored. I watched it, barely seeing my reflection. My blonde hair. Innocent green doe eyes. Parted lips which have lost their plumpness. Leaving my lower lip slightly out as it was a bit bigger than the top. My chubby cheeks were slowly caving in reviling my features more.

I heard I look more like X03 my 'mommy'. And if I remember correctly CY05 is my 'daddy'. But I can't really put those labels on them. X03 could have been my 'daddy' while CY05 could be my 'mommy'.

That's what the experiment is. The perfect human. Gender roles no longer needed among my people. The artificial beings that have finally devolved their own souls. In fact I don't have a gender. I have both boy and girl parts. And I have both reproductive systems mushed together inside me. Which is what I need the medication for. Or for at least one of them. My body was made to be like this, but that doesn't mean that it likes it.

The sliding door opened again and anther nurse and doctor came in. The nurse sighing when she saw my tray, wheeling it away, anyway.

"XX09, you should have eaten." The doctor tsks.

"I am to sad to." I hid under the covers.

"And why is that?" He probed. Gently pulling the blankets away from my face.

"I want to know what I am. I am neither boy or girl like you doctor." I looked up at him.

"Well which do you want to be?" He moved closer.

"I want to be... A boy." I smiled.

"Than just be a boy. You have not to worry about your gender XX. It's just a label, a classification, a word. And you have something all the experiments wish they had. Choices.
They have not yet devolved their souls and paths. And probably never will. X03 always told me 'he' felt empty. And how 'he' was always numb."

I gave a short little nod understanding. "So X03 was my mommy?" I glanced at my shelf which held a picture of X03 and CY05. They had their arms around each other, and X03 rested comfortably against CY05. His eyes closed. And CY05 smiling down at him.

"So they both chose to be boys but X03 still had a baby?"

"Yes. That is okay now that both genders are in their body's. So boys can be with boys, girls can be with girls, and boys can still be with girls. Do you understand XX?"

I gave anther little nod. "Will I ever see my mommy?"

"Not for a long time. But such a day will come when you do. Now go to sleep XX09." He produced a needle from his pocket which I easily hid from wanting to fall asleep on my own.

The doctor seemed to understand and got up, turning out the lights, pulling the white curtains over the window, and leavening the room after turning off the lights.

A/N

Is it all explained now? I hope so .-. Tell me if it isn't and I'll answer your questions as soon as possible (ASAP) :3 by the way in case you didn't notice this is four years after X03's death which means XX09 is four. And since he is so far advanced he can read children's books, and communicate at adult level. Schools aren't needed till preteen years. I will probably mention that again in chapter 2 .-. Hopefully I have something planned... I'm kinda drawing a blank...

X03: what's with all the numbers and letters? You have my Angel the worst name ever.

Me: I donno. I was originally gonna call him XX but your name was X03. So I decided 09 would be cool at the end... (9=3•3) and thus, XX09's name was born~!

X03: you come up with the weirdest things... And so far this book looks like it'll be happier than the rest! Your other ones... Ah kinda have torture in all of them so far.

Me: it's hard not to write a book that doesn't have some form of torture... This will probably eventually have it as well...

X03: *stare... Starts to glare* I warned you... Don't make me repeat myself

Me: *scared. Hides again*

~Dark Angel out~