Hogwarts and Sorting

I

Chapter 5

Percy POV

Once we finally reached Hogwarts we walked towards a carriage. There were horse on it.

I said, "What are the horse names?"

Harry said , "You can see the Thestrals! Who have you seen die?"

At that I frowned and said, "To many to count and they are called Thestrals, cool."

After I said I started to walk forward and the Thestrals started to talk in my head.

They said,"Hi lord my name is Bob what is yours?"

I said, "My name in Percy Jackson and please do not call me lord. Do you want a sugar cube"

Bob said, "I would love one my lord."

I walked up to Bob and gave him a sugar cube and everyone gasped at me and Harry said, "No one other than Hagrid and Luna Lovegood can feed the Thestrals." We got one the carriages and when we got off I heard someone say, "First Year , First years come over here, "

Harry then nudged me on the shoulder and said, "That is Hagrid he is a half- giant, grounds keeper, and Care of magical creatures. You should go over there to get sorted."

I said, "Okay," and I walked over there.

Hagrid said, " You must be Percy Jackson the Demigod."

I looked at him with shock no one was supposed to know.

He must've seen my shocked face and said, "The teachers know and Severus Snape son of Hecate teaches Potions so you will get to see him."

I was so happy because I would get to see Snape, he comes to camp in the summer and teaches some of the Hecate kids. When we finally got to the Great Hall. Everyone was looking at me weird because I was with a group of 11 years old and I am 17 years.

Then this dude with a long beard and looked like Santa Claus said, "Hi my name is Dumbledore and we have an exchange student from the US and some more will becoming in the year. Now let's get the sorting started."

A older looking lady that I think was Professor McGonagall brought out a old looking hat and said let the sorting begin.

Then the hat started to singing and this is what the hat said:

Oh,you may not think I'm pretty,

But don't judge on what you see,

I'll eat myself if you can find

A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,

Your tops hats sleek and tall,

For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat

And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head

The Sorting Hat can't see,

So try me on and I will tell you

Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,

Where dwell brave of heart,

Their daring, nerve, and chivalry

Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,

Where they are just and loyal,

Those patient Hufflepuffs are true

And unafraid of toil;

Or yet wise old Ravenclaw,

If you've a ready mind,

Where those of wit and learning,

Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin

You'll make your real friends,

Those cunning folk use any means

To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!

And you won't get in a flap!

You're safe in my hands(though I have none)

For I'm a Thinking Cap!!

They went threw a lot of names and I was getting very bored and felt like I had to move because of my ADHD. The finally someone called out Jackson, Perseus and I walked up to the hat but not before Snape walked up a gave me a hug and stood behind me when they put the hat on my head.

In my thoughts the hat said, " You have been threw alot and could be in any of the houses, let me see more in to your memories."

I thought,"You don't want to but okay."

I let all the memories of Tartarus and I started to cry and then I faintly heard the hat shou, GET ME OFF HIS HEAD AND GRYFFINDOR!!!!!!!!!!! Before fainted.

Harry's POV

That Percy guy is weird but nice I was so happy that he made it into Gryffindor, but also wondering how he knew Snape and what his memories were that he could freak out the hat and make him faint.