Chapter 18

It gradually got darker and darker as you headed down the staircase, and a few cobwebs appeared here and there. You could tell he hasn't cleaned the place in awhile. You gripped the stone railing as you travelled downward, and you waited to see light at the end of the stairs. Ford had his hands latched behind his back, and he didn't say anything. Only staring straight. You shot a quick glance at him when you hit the bottom, and he would lead the way through the bunker. He crawled through a large tube, and you followed behind closely. The musky smell gave you an eerie feeling. What did Ford keep down here? What was the purpose of showing you this?

You let out a grunt when you reached the end of the tube, and you slipped out into a large square space. A hazy red colour lingered in the atmosphere, along with patterns everywhere. On the walls and floor.
   Ford tapped his chin and walked around warily, careful to not touch the panels. "Okay, (y/n)? I want you to stay there for a second...I have to dial the right panels to let us out of the trap," he grumbled and went left to right to push in the panels.
You only let out a puff of air and crossed your arms. You felt bad you weren't doing anything, but you didn't want to mess anything up either. Ford pushed in four panels, and an exit opened up. He grinned, and waved you over. "It's good now!" He called and went through the exit which lead to a total different room. After a few long moments of not knowing where you were, you finally realized it was a surveillance room filled with gadgets and more electronics.
"A surveillance room!" You exclaimed and walked around the room curiously.
"Indeed it is," he said and smiled. "but I need to show you something far more important."
"Oh- alright..."
He rested a hand on your shoulder and pulled you into a dark closet, it seemed. You felt a little anxious being in a tight space with Ford, but he only gave a warm smile which calmed you down. He then pulled a cord that was between you two and there was a spray of water that blinded your eyes. You screeched, realizing your clothes and hair was soaking. And then, a puff of air was blown at you two, drying you both off. Ford didn't say anything, and the door to exit out of the cleaning closet lead to a vast space underground. Kind of like where the interdimensional portal was, but way bigger. There were tubes all over the place which were in top condition, but nothing was in them. Ford reeled you over to a large cage, and you let out a gasp.

What you saw in the cage was...you.