Chapter 7

Surprisingly, Lauren felt herself liking Georgina. It was an obvious plus that she haden't been murdered during the night, but Georgina seemed genuine. Lauren did feel like she was keeping something from her but, giving her the benifit of the doubt, she let it slide. It wasn't like she didn't have plenty of skeletons in her closet.

"So what's your story?" Lauren asked as they walked through the forests on their way back to Greenview. She was anxious about going back, she knew once she did, it would fully hit her that she would never see Rachel or Jo again. A pang of guilt and grief stabbed at her heart and she swallowed her emotions, focusing on the girl next to her.

"My story?" Georgina said absently, staring off into the distance like she was remembering some painful event.

"Yeah," Lauren nodded, "You've hardly been alone all the time. How did you survive and what happened on the way?"

"No," Georgina said suddenly, "I mean, I've just been alone for a long time. I had a group for a little while but never got close to them. I just rather keep to myself."

"How come you know so much about the Saviors?" Lauren frowned, her forehead creased, "You said you had a run-in, how are you still alive?"

"I'm not alive," She replied, her voice void of all emotion as her eyes stared, transfixed infront of her, "My heart may still be beating but inside, they killed me."

Lauren didn't bother saying anything else, she got the idea that it was a touchy subject and she trusted Georgina, she would come around in her own time. They walked, sometimes making small talk about the past, neither prying into the delicate memories that shaped them into the people they are now. Lauren knew Georgina lost someone, she just didn't know who. After what seemed like an eternity of silence, Georgina spoke again.

"Do you think you can take them?" She asked and Lauren nodded, she paused for a second, making direct eye contact with the girl she hardly knew, "I need you to promise me one thing."

"Anything," Lauren said, her expression serious.

"I want to kill Dwight," She said, "For your friends.. and for mine."

Lauren paused, just giving Georgina a swift nod. She didn't care by what hand he died, just as long as his blood stained the ground and his heart stopped beating. She noticed the lack of happiness that surrounded Georgina, and she hoped that she would be able to help her find her smile again.

~•~

The gates of Greenview were a welcome sight, the guard hurrying to open them at the sight of his leader. He radioed back to the hotel that she had arrived as she walked through the gates, Georgina in tow. She had been lucky to escape with only a few cuts, scratches and burns. She felt nervous, an impending doom falling over her. She knew that there would be a war, and she was afraid luck would no longer stand by her side.

The full weight of what had transpired washed over her, her best friends, they were dead. She would never see Rachel's smile or hear Jo's jokes, she would never see him chase after Rachel even though she was his already. She had lost more friends, and how many more needed to die before the end?

"You'll like it here," Lauren offered Georgina a tight smile as the building came into view. She had shown the new girl the side of her only her friends saw, and she had now to fit back into her role as a deadly leader. Georgina nodded toward her, her thoughts to the more pessimistic side of things.

Many figures flooded from the large aparthotel, her eyes found him straight away, the sherriff's hat sitting on his messy brown hair. He was wearing a grey top, the sleeves reaching just after his elbow, clinging tightly to his stomach and chest. He ran towards her, his lips forming her name although no words would come out. He was in bits thinking that she had been taken from him.