Part 24

Ghost is 15
Toast is 16

Johnny Ghost layed in his bed. He was curled up in a ball in the corner of his bed. He had his eyes closed as he tried to tune out the sound of shattering glass from the kitchen. He heard a loud crash, followed by swearing. "I'll clean that up once I get up." Ghost mumbled to himself.

Johnny was not happy where he was at the moment. After he got home from school earlier that day, he had to do the dishes. There were two bowls in the sink and a cup, which was a lot less than usual. Johnny was about to unload the dishwasher, but he stopped when he saw how greasy they all looked. He used a napkin and poked a plate with it, causing a grease stain to form on the napkin. Johnny ran the dishwasher and went into his room, unaware of the consequences.

Johnny heard another glass shatter as it was slammed against the floor. "I'M LEAVING JOHNATHAN!" He heard his mother yell. Johnny sighed and pulled a blanket over him as he heard the door slam and his mother's car start up. He got up and went into the kitchen. He looked at all the shattered glass spread across the floor. Johnny put on his shoes and grabbed the broom to clean up the shards.

After all the glass was cleaned up, Johnny went back into his room. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and looked at his phone background. It was a photo of him and his best friend, Johnny Toast. Ghost smiled at the picture and went into his contacts. He found the person he was looking for and sent a text.

Ghost: Hey Toast
Toast: Hi Johnny
Toast: Wats up?
Ghost: Nothing. You wanna hang out?
Toast: Yeah, sounds cool. If ur mom says yes, then u can sleep over
Ghost: Sounds good! I'll see you in a hour?
Toast: Yeah ;)
Ghost: What's up with the wink?
Toast: idk
Ghost: lol, I'll see u in a bit
Toast: see u then!

Ghost put his phone away. He grabbed his backpack and put the things he needed to bring in it. Since his mom was probably going to stay at her boyfriends, Johnny doubted she would be home tomorrow to teach him. That was one of the parts of homeschool that Ghost somewhat enjoyed. His mother wasn't around a lot, so less class! Ghost grabbed his baggy Greg hoodie and debated whether or not to bring it. Johnny looked out his window and saw a (northern) downpour outside. He pulled his hoodie on, grabbed his backpack, pulled his hood up, and ran to Toast's house.

Toast was trying to clean his room and get it ready for Ghost's arrival when he heard a knock at the door. Toast ran downstairs to check who it was and saw his best friend, soaked and shaking. "Johnny! Get inside, it's freezing out!" Toast said, pulling g the smaller boy inside. "Hey." Ghost said casually, not minding the fact that he was very cold. "Johnny, did you walk all the way here?" Toast asked, getting a nod from Ghost. Toast made Ghost take his jacket off and put it in the dryer. The pair walked into Toast's room and layed in his bed, watching movies for the rest of the night.

One chapter on Sunday and one today? *gasp* I'M BEING PRODUCTIVE! Anyways though, this chapter is mostly based off of my day today, except for Toast. I had my cat instead. Shout out to Dexter the cat. I hope you guys liked this chapter. I might write something tomorrow if I'm up for it, but for now, this is it.
-Moo