Part 35

There was a knock at the door. It was 10 at night. Johnathan Toast stumbled down the stairs and opened the door. Without even looking at who it was, he began going off at the random hooded stranger for being at his house so late. When his rant ended, he heard a trembling voice stutter out a quiet, "I-I'm sorry Johnny."

At hearing those words and the voice, he looked at the stranger, realizing who it was immediately. "Ghost? What are you doing here so late? It's freezing outside!" Toast said quickly as he pulled the stranger inside. "I'm sorry I woke you up." Ghost mumbled as he pulled his grey hood down, revealing a tangled mess of brown hair. "It's okay Johnny. I shouldn't have yelled at you like that. What are you doing here?" Toast asked. "My mom brought a guy home a few weeks ago, and he's been screaming at me all the time. Him and my mom kicked me out of the house. I-I didn't know where else to go. Y-you're all I really have Johnny..." Ghost explained with tears in his cinnamon coloured eyes. Toast frowned and pulled his small friend in for a hug. Ghost accepted the hug and clung to the talk Brit tightly. Thankfully, Toast's older brother, Gavin, was a deep sleeper, and wouldn't be too bothered by the noise they were making. Toast brought Ghost upstairs to his room and sat with him on the floor. "Thanks for letting me in tonight Johnny." Ghost said with a small smile on his face. "Anytime love. You can stay here as long as you need to." Toast said softly. Ghost's grin grew as Toast kissed his forehead. The two tired men laid down on Toast's bed, snuggled close together. They both knew that they needed to have a serious talk, but it was too late at night for them to talk about Ghost's problems. Sleeping and being with Toast was enough for him now to make him feel better, and make him feel comfortable enough to sleep.

(I'm sorry I don't update much on this book. I'm just really tired.)