Part 28

Fred Spooker paced the lobby of the Pie HQ. "Pick up, pick up, pick up!" Spooker murmured to himself, getting impatient. "Hello?" A loud voice said from Spooker's phone. "Dad! I'm so glad you answered!" Fred said happily. "What's the matter son?" Spooker's father asked. "I need you to make a potion." Fred said quickly. "What kind son?" The man asked. "Aging up." Spooker said. "Son, what happened?" The man asked. "My bosses, Toast and Ghost," Spooker was cut off by a sigh from his father. "What did those weirdos do this time?" He asked. "They let me go on an investigation with them, and there was this word ghost who was throwing bottles, and Ghost got hit by one while he tried to protect Toast, but Toast got hit by one, and now their little kids." Spooker explained. "Alright, give me a few hours." He said. "Thanks Dad, see ya later!" "Bye son!" Spooker hung up the phone and looked around the room.

"TOAST? GHOST? WHERE ARE YOU?!" Spooker called. He heard quiet giggles echoing through the halls. He ran through the hallways, passing rooms as he looked for the young boys. He stopped when he ran past the break room. He stood in the doorframe and watched the boys trying to grab a can of Coca-Cola. Ghost was standing on Toast's shoulders, attempting to reach the can. "I almowst got it!" Ghost giggled. "Let's try and get the oreos next!" Toast said. "As lowng as Spookie doesn't see!" Ghost giggled. "Spookie already saw you!" Spooker said, picking the boys up. "Noooo!" Ghost whined, reaching out for the can. "No soda. You guys don't need it." Spooker said. The boys pouted and tried to get out of Spooker's tight grip. Spooker carried the boys into the break room and sat them on the couch.

Toast hugged Ghost and played with his hood, making Ghost giggle. Ghost layed upside down on the couch, kicking the wall slightly. "Spookie, we're bored!" Toast complained. "Let's pway a game!" Ghost said enthusiastically. Spooker smiled and closed his eyes. "You two go hide, and I'll find you!" Spooker said. The two boys grinned and ran out of the room, hand in hand.

Toast guided Ghost into the entrance and pulled a few boxes cardboard boxes up near the air vent opening. The pair crawled into the vent and found Toast's puppet that he sometimes scared Ghost with. Ghost whimpered and crawled behind Toast. "I'll protect you bud!" Toast said. He knocked the vent open and dropped the old, dirty puppet out of the vent.

As Spooker searched for the little boys, he heard a loud crash from the building's entrance. "Boys?!" Spooker yelled as he ran to the door. He saw the filthy doll on top of some busted up cardboard boxes. "BOYS, WHERE ARE YOU?!" Spooker yelled. "Spookie!" The two giggled from the vent. Spooker sighed in relief and pulled the two boys out of the vent. He hugged them tightly and listened to their giggles. "I was so worried about you too!" Spooker said. "Sorry..." They mumbled quietly. "Its okay, I was just scared." Spooker said. The boys yawned quietly and fell asleep. Spooker smiled and layed them on the couch. He pulled a blanket over them before he heard a knocking at the door. He went to the door and unlocked it. "Hey dad." Spooker said, hugging his father. "Hey Fred. Where are the ghost creeps at?" Papa Spooker asked. "They're sleeping on the couch, follow me." Spooker said. He led his dad to the two sleeping kids, who were cuddled at each other's side. Spooker's father reached into his pocket and pulled out a small bottle of liquid. "Get them to drink this when they wake up, and they'll be fine." Mr. Spooker said. "I really appreciate the help dad." Fred said. "No problem son, I love you, and I'll see you at home, okay son?" Spooker's father said. "Love you too dad, see you later!" Spooker called as his father exited the building. Spooker looked at the small, sleeping boys. He smiled and ruffled their hair, making the boys smile. "Night guys." Spooker said as he turned off the lights.

((I really liked writing this! It wasn't too shipy, if that's the word I'm looking for, but I thought it was cute. Me what you think, and I'll see you later.))
-Moo