[Dark Paradise]

Nix P.o.V
04:29 A.M.

It's been a week since I've returned home. I would sleepover at my best friend's house or go to the local baths.

I saw Namjoon almost every morning now for the last three months, jamming to the beat of whatever drum he was marching to. I was currently wearing the winter school uniform which consisted of a large green sweatshirt with our school logo on it, a blue skirt and my grey socks. Namjoon was also wearing the winter uniform for his tech school.

"Hi, Nix." I gave a shy smile to the tall blonde next to me, butterflies shaking me to the core. "Hi, Namjoon." He pulled his ear buds out of his pocket and offered me one, which I hesitantly reached for as Namjoon scrolled through his phone. The pretty boy beside me mumbled a couple things under his breath- too slow, too fast, too metaphorical- before tapping the play button. A heavy beat started playing with an overlaying rap; it was Namjoon's raspy voice.

I opened my mouth at the fast spitfire lyrics coming in through the tiny earbud.

"Kim Namjoon, this doesn't do you justice! Holy shit!" I yelled loudly when the recording ended. I stood up to stare at the boy in front of me while not paying mind to the old lady giving us dirty looks. He looked down with a dimpled, sheepish smile as he paused his phone. "Thanks. I rap underground during the night, but I didn't think you'd like it, to be honest."

"You're like a rap monster. You are THE Rap Monster!" Running a hand through my hair, I whistled in astonishment. The tall boy chuckled, pulling me back onto the bench. Without warning, he opened his mouth and began to rap the same thing but out loud for everyone to hear- even the mean old lady. Once again, my jaw was left open from the unexpected live performance. "If you like it that much, come to a performance tonight. Meet me here by eight." He didn't know that without going home, I didn't have a better plan for the night. I nodded my head.

"Seriously, Nix, your enthusiasm is so cute." Namjoon messed up my hair while putting his earbuds away. Maybe it was the feeling of the sunrise, the enjoyment of his sweet praise or just because of my own complex and confusing feelings, but I leaned in and kissed his cheek. It felt comfortable, friendly, like we'd done it millions of times before. 

Nothing was said between us for the rest of the morning.