[Lucky Ones]

Nix P.o.V
17:34 P.M.

The day passed slowly, the sudden course load became a lot to handle. Add Taehyung messaging texts about Yoongi and Otto messaging texts about Namjoon, and I was so ready for the day to be over. As soon as we got to our apartment building and far away from Namjoon's peering ears, I faced the two and yelled.

"Stop sending me stuff! It's not funny!"

"This one's on you. I swear, it's all his fault." Otto proceeded to pat Taehyung's shoulder before running off to our shared apartment.  Taehyung pushed her playfully before looking at me with a glint of playfulness in his eyes. He coughed before smiling with a shit-eating grin. Yoongi paused to take out his earbuds with nimble fingers still tapping along to the beat of whatever song he was listening to.

"You guys are a terrible couple. Hold hands. Don't fight so much. If anything, you both should stay single." He skipped off happily into his and Yoongi's shared room.

I crossed my arms in disappointment, Yoongi confused at the whole scene before heading off to change in his own room. I left for my own room, frustration burning in my chest. I took a quick shower before changing into a clean work uniform. The boys were in the living room when I left the bathroom, helping each other and Otto with homework. I began heading out to walk to work.

"I'll drop you off." Yoongi grabbed his leather jacket off the arm of the sofa, his backpack from the ground, and a set of keys from the counter. I tried to protest but he wouldn't take no for an answer and dragged me down to his car. We headed off in the direction of the ice cream store I work at.

We both entered the store together, heading to the back to stamp my time card and changing into an apron. I keyed into the cashier and officially began my shift. "Hello. Welcome to Froggerie Cream. What would you-" I looked up from the register and standing before me was Namjoon and a pretty girl I've never seen him with before.

I pretended to cough and continued my sentence. "What would you like to order?" I calmly took both orders while contemplating all of my life choices in the instance of a moment. The main choice was me listening to an idiot like Taehyung. Jealousy plots only work in dramas.

When I leaned over the counter to give them the ice cream, he finally broke the tension between us and said what I was dreading the most. "Nix, meet my girlfriend." The pretty girl from before came up with a smile and a little wave. I wanted to bash her face in with my fists but instead, I kept a fake smile on my lips and introduced myself to her.

"Hi, I'm Namjoon's friend, Nix."

"Oh, hey. I'm Okana, his girlfriend. Nice to meet you, Nix." Again, I felt the urge to grab the back of her face and just bash it into the corner of the counter. "Well," I politely said, "if you will excuse me, I have orders to get to." I turned my back all of a sudden and got the next costumer in the long line. Surprisingly, it was Yoongi.

"Mint chocolate chip." Then he frowned before changing the order. "Two vanillas. One for you and one for me." He proceeded to give a cheesy wink then paid for the cones. My spirits lifted, but only a tiny bit. I called my break and had the only other worker get the cashier. Yoongi lead me back to the booth he had his backpack situated in, then guided me into the booth, holding my hand.

"That's him? He got kinda lucky. She's really pretty." I followed his gaze to the one thing I had my mind on. The couple were happily feeding each other spoonfuls of ice cream. Hearing Yoongi compliment her made me feel worse about myself. I was too chubby, my hair was too frizzy and messy, and I wasn't pretty like her. Groaning, I lay my head on Yoongi's shoulder. "She's almost too pretty. Kinda wanna beat her up." Yoongi was already halfway down the cone before putting his cone at my lips. "Eat."

After sharing the two cones, I got back to work and we left around ten thirty, when the shop was closed down. The entire way back home, my mind was filled with images of Namjoon and his new girlfriend. And I just wanted to cry.