[What makes us Girls]

Nix P.o.V.
05:34 A.M.

Otto and I had walked down to the bench to talk to Namjoon before the bus came to take her to summer camp. We waited and waited... Then waited. Nothing. Just as the bus was pulling up to the curb, Namjoon was running to catch up. His uniform was a mess, his uniform's tie was loose and some buttons were undone along with one of his shoelaces. He was too late. I watched as the bus took off around the bend of the corner, Otto having gotten on before she was late. The next bus wouldn't come for another two hours.

"Fuck! Shit! I am gonna be late. Aw shit!" Namjoon ran his hand through his hair several times as he panicked. I decided to help him out and fixed his messy uniform. I started with the shoe laces, making sue they were in perfect knots. Then I made my way up to his buttons, taking my time with each and every one. Lastly, the tie. After taking the knot out,  I began the new knot. "Nix, what are you doing? I can fix my own uniform." I tapped his nose lightly, smiling in the light of the sunrise with my hand still holding onto his unfinished tie.

"I'm just helping you out."When I finish, I grab his hand, leading him to Maro's car a few blocks away. I had gotten her permission to use it during the day. "If we hurry," I stated while checking the mirrors, "we can make it in thirty minutes."

Of course, the morning traffic decided to hit right as we were leaving the area. Namjoon connected his phone via aux cord to the stereo and he sang along to the recorded music, me smiling to his feverish cries. "I miss talking to you. I haven't seen you since school ended." He looked over to me while he said it.

"Sorry, I guess. I've been busy with my new job and the move and everything. I... I live closer to the shop now," I tried to apologize. I didn't know what to say. He was right. The atmosphere in the car was less benevolent, especially since we haven't talked for so long. Namjoon coughed a little, holding onto the arm of my seat. I parked near the entrance gate of his school, giving him my full attention. Catching me off guard, Namjoon holds both of my hands in his while looking me in the eyes.

"Look, I've been meaning to say this for a little bit now. Normally, I would choose a fancy place and time to do this but it has to be now before I get out of this car." My palms were sweaty and I felt nervously sick to my stomach. "Nix, I- uhm- I have a confession. I think you're the cutest, prettiest girl I've ever seen. The truth is, though, my parents aren't exactly the most easy going and they're super strict. I just wanna know if I can be your boyfriend?"

I felt the butterflies in my stomach all around, and I was completely blushed. I knew how I felt about him since that night at the abandoned subway, all tingly and giddy with the thought of Namjoon's voice alone. Yet, the words that came out of my mouth weren't a yes.

"Kim Namjoon, I- uh...

I'm not sure."