[American]

Nix P.o.V
23:12 P.M.

I wanted to die of embarrassment

I wanted to die of embarrassment. The drawing made its way to Namjoon through Okana, his girlfriend. Who knew she sat behind me during art class? Not me, apparently. 

It was eleven on a Friday night and Otto was out at a sleepover. I've been saving all of my pent-up frustration for this very moment. I began to cry my heart out. Silent tears turned into sobs. As quiet as I tried to be, a knock on the front door alarmed me.

"Hey..." Yoongi's coarse voice sounded from outside the door. "Nix, let me in." I tiptoed over to the knob and opened the door slightly. Without warning, his embrace covered me while the wet droplets formed a puddle on his shoulder. "Please tell me what happened. I want to make it better."

Wiping the running mascara off of my cheeks, I pulled out the crumpled drawing of Namjoon. "She took it and said it was hers. They were at the shop again."

I began to recall today's events in detail. The way Namjoon smiled at her the way he used to smile at me, her glowing facade soaking in all the compliments I should have received. When she pulled out the portrait, my heart froze in my chest. His eyes lightened up and there was a look in them that even I had never been allowed to see. My heart was shattering into millions of pieces and I just felt numb. I've been numb since I left work, since I got him, since I showered under steaming water.

Yoongi put a determined look on his face before sighing and leading me to the couch. "Sit." Wrapping myself in a blanket, I sat on the couch and waiting on the other to come sit, but he didn't. He left to the kitchen and began tinkering around in the cabinets and the microwave. Yoongi came back with an unopened package of mochi I had been saving for a while and leftover tteokbokki. I happily accepted his offers and we shared our food. 

I fell asleep on his shoulder at some point, mascara rubbing off on his shirt and coating my dry cheeks.

(credit to the artist. if it's yours, please let me know so i can take it down or give you credit.)