Chapter 2

Within an instant I felt a pair of arms yank me back from landing another punch. My blood boiled in anger that the moon goddess would destine such a cruel wolf to me.

"Do not disrespect our mate" My wolf fumed at me.

My eyes focused on Ryker's face, only causing me to be angrier. Blood drained from his now perfectly crooked nose. He's not even mad! What the fuck!

"Our mate is strong" My wolf purred

His eyes board into mine, holding pride? Respect?

The wolves behind him were biting at the bits. Angry that I disrespected their Alpha. A man came up behind Ryker to whisper in his ear something that was too low for me to hear. I fought against the hands that held me in place. Turning my head to see that it was my mother.

"Honey relax. You need to calm down" My mother soothed through the link.

"I can't be mated to him mom...."

My mom and I watched as my father stormed up into Ryker's face, earning a deep growl that had my bones shaking.

"There's no way in hell she's your mate. The moon goddess wouldn't dare give you a mate!"

"He can not say those things to our mate!" My wolf nearly shifting at my fathers insults.

Ryker's calm expression was even more chilling. He took a slow calculated step toward my father, towering a few inches over him.

"She is MINE. She will be coming with me" His low voice held no room for argument. His eyes glanced over to me before turning his attention back to my father.

"The moon goddess wouldn't give you a mate you couldn't handle" My mother hushed quietly.

Dad took another step toward Ryker. Both sizing each other, but it was no contest, Ryker would win easily. "She's not going anywhere with you"

I could see Ryker's anger quickly rising as my dad challenged him. His eyes met mine, sending chills down my back before turning his attention back to my father. "If she doesn't come with me, we'll have to choice but to attack and kill every single one of you, except for her" His words were deathly low.

My eyes bulged out of my skull "You can't do that!"

Ryker's lips smirked at me "Then let's be civil and go in and discuss" He looked back at his pack in silence, they all began backing away slowly and bowing their heads.

"Fine" My father spit out before turning around fast, my mother and I followed quickly behind him as we walked inside the house, all the pack members staring in shock. I could feel every pair of eyes on me Hot breath breathed tickled the back of my neck making my cheeks flare red. I snapped my neck giving Ryker a glare as we walked into our large living room.

Quickly taking the reclining chair in the far corner. I wanted nothing more than this nightmare to be over. I tried my best not laugh while watching Ryker stand in the middle of the room awkwardly trying to decide where to sit. His piercing green eyes looking to me, as if he wanted my help. Turning my head away quickly. I watched out of the corner of my eye as slowly made his way toward me standing next me as close as possible.

"He wants to be close to us" My wolf said with giddiness at the proximity.

He threatened to kill our pack! I pointed out.

"Only because he wants us"

I kept my expression hard as my father stood as far as possible, while still being in the same room. While mom wrapped a comforting arm around his waist. He noticeably relaxed while keeping his arms crossed stubbornly. The room quickly fell to a dead silence. No one willing to take control of the situation.

"Say something!" My wolf whined impatiently.

"We can't just fucking stand here in silence" I bit out glancing up at Ryker before looking back to my father.

"Nova!" My mother scolded. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Nova" Ryker said ever so quietly, as if he was testing out my name. My name sounded smoother than freshly shaved legs; causing my head to snap to him. His eyes held mine before he stepped forward "She's coming with me. Nova can have today to pack her things then I will take her to my pack tomorrow"

"No! I need more time than that!" I stood up angrily.

Ryker only merely looked at me "You're leaving tomorrow" He sternly, leaving no room to argue.

"Today would be our last day with her?" My mother whimpered. Tears forming in her eyes.

My father was dead silent. Keeping his hateful eyes on Ryker. I don't blame him, Ryker's pack had the worst reputation out of any pack heard of.

Ryker's body shifted toward my mother, and his body relaxing slightly "You, may visit whenever you'd like to." He looked back over his shoulder, noticing my wide eyes in surprise. "I'm sure she'd like to keep contact with her family"

"She can't leave!" It was then that Frankie ran into the room. I quickly met him in a bone crushing hug. Kissing the top of his head "Can my brother visit, and my father?"

Ryker looked down at Frankie as he clung to me just like he use to when he was a child "Your brother may"

Looking to my dad who wouldn't meet my gaze "What about my dad? I have to see him"

"No" Was all my father said. Making my mother look at him disappointment.

"But-"

"I want nothing to with his pack, if you're in his pack I don't wish to see you" My father spoke harshly, making my eyes water, I blinked away the tears trying to ignore his jagged words. Why wouldn't he at least want to come see me? I could feel a dull ache in my chest from my father's hateful words.

Dad walked out of my mother's arms, and now stood in front of me. His expression cold "Reject him now Nova, so he can leave and you never have to see him again"

"Joseph.." My mother's voice spoke softly.

"No!" My wolf cried out.

That option never even crossed my mind..

Glancing over to Ryker, expecting to see him fuming.

My eyes board into him, his head hung low, does he expect me to reject him?

"No, please don't. He's ours! He's our mate.."

I shifted my gaze to my mother's unreadable expression, I took in a deep breath before looking back into my fathers cold eyes.

"I'm not going to reject him, not without giving him a chance"

My father's eyes blinked in surprise, his face bright red his fists curled rage.

Ryker on the other hand stood silently in shock, his eyes wide not believing what he heard. My father backed away from me before turning around and exiting the room.

My mother's eyes followed my father as he left. Looking back at us,giving us a small smile filled with pride. She hugged me tightly in her arms.

"Very good decision" She spoke softly through the mind link.

"Alpha, if that's all. I'd like to get my things around and spend my last day with my family" I muffled into my brother's hair as I hugged him again.

He nodded his head before making his way toward me, making my brother let go quickly and back away in fear. I kept my hard eyes on his. Though my body was shaking inside at the sudden closeness. My mother took a few steps away raising an eyebrow at me making look away quickly. Giving Ryker my full attention.

His head bent down to me, "I will pick you at dawn" I felt him breathe in slowly taking in my scent once again. Making my heart leap in my chest.

I stared down at my feet in silence.

"By the way, thank you. For giving me a chance to earn your trust" My eyes looked up quickly at his soft sincere words before nodding. He spun around fast leaving the room without another word and leaving me in absolute shock.

****Picture above is Cameron Boyce as Frankie!!!****