Chapter 21

I gazed out on to the field, everything was silent.  No sounds of birds, no rustling of the wind, nothing.

Glancing over my shoulder, my eyes met with more than a 200  pack members, all of them ready fight.  Lastly, my eyes landed with Ryker.  Even with the inpending danger, he still took my breath away.  I could feel his anxiety and anger coming off of him in waves, his hand gripped mine at the sound of twig snapping in the distance.

One by one wolves stepped out of the tree line, it was my father's figure that was the only pack member that wasn't shifted. Ryker's hand slowly dropped mine before stepping forward.  Knox following his footsteps.  While Cole stepped forward, his body shielding mine.

"We don't need to be protected" My wolf growled.

Cole seeming to hear my wolf, "He wants me at your side at all times" He mumbled under his breath.

My eyes went back to my father, his sinister smile plastered on his face as stood maybe only 50ft away.

Pushing Cole's body out of the way "Stop this now! No one has to get hurt!"  I have to stop this, though I'm willing to fight for my pack, I have to try and end this.

Ryker's head snapped to my direction as I wasted no time to stand at his side.  He glared down at me for a moment before his eyes softened the slightest.

My father crossed his arms before laughing. 

"You people kill one of our pack members and you just think you can get away with it? Your alpha has committed a serious crime, which isn't the first time"   He stood only 20ft away from us now.  His pack growling and biting at the bits.

I felt my own wolf beginning to emerge forward "He laid his fucking hands on me!  Like you did to mom!"

Ryker's hand pushed me back as my father clenched his fists, I could see he was just as close to shifting as I was. "Nova get behind Cole NOW" Ryker's voice echoed within me.

"She's your fucking mate and you beat her into a fucking coma!" I spat out.

It was then everything in me froze. My father's wolf seemed to be charging right to me but my mind and body felt disconnected.  It was when I felt Cole's grip yanking me back that I was finally able to regain focus, and in that second I shifted and charged forward.

Clumps of dirt flew out from underneath my paws as I came head to head with a wolf, a crazed look in it's eye as it's jaws snaped at me. 

I spun around while keeping an eye on the wolf before kicking my hind legs into it's head.  The wolf faltered for a second as I took that opportunity to clamp my jaws around it's neck, with one swiftly twist it's body fell limp at my feet.  I felt bile rise in my throat but I couldn't afford to stop now.

A recognizable howl filled my ears and I found my eyes on Cole's struggling wolf trying to fight off three other wolves.  Charging forward I pounced on top of the wolf that had Cole by the throat.  Yanking at it before clamping on it's front leg.  The wolf howled out in pain as I chewed hared feeling it's bones splinter in my mouth. The wolf coward away from me submitting instantly. Cole's eyes met mine before each of us took down the wolves among us with ease.

A sharp pain shot through my hind leg, an ear piercing howl escaped my mouth as I felt teeth dig in deeper into my leg.  It was Cole's turn to come to my help.  I yanked my leg out of the wolf's grip harshly as Cole took the wolf down, his jaw clamping down on its neck with an echoing snap of its neck.

I tried my best to ignore the agonizing pain in my legs as Cole's large head came into view, his eyes landing on my injured leg.