Chapter 4

"Honey, don't trust him.  Ryker's father is the reason for this feud between our packs" Mom spoke cautiously over the phone.

Hopping up on the sink bringing up my knees to my chest " What did he do?" Curiosity clear in voice.

There was a long pause before she let out a shaky breath "Please hun, just stay away from as much as possible.  He's known for having a very bad drinking problem.  Which causes him to do do, terrible things Nova..."

"Just tell me what his dad did!" I said angrily into the phone.

Her voice began to tremble as, though I wasn't with her i could tell she was on the verge of tears "Nova, he r-"

A loud knock on the bathroom door caused my body to jump, my phone falling out of my hands.  Goddammit!  Picking my phone back up to see it turned off and had a fucking crack in it now.

"What?!" Opening the door roughly only to have my eyes land angrily on Ryker's startled expression.

"Oh, um I brought you up some food....you haven't ate."  

My anger faltered at the thought of food.  Sighing heavily "You owe me a new phone.  What food you got?"  Handing my broken phone to him as my nose followed the scent of food.

"McDonalds!" I yelled happily as my eyes landed on the bag on top of the bed.

I quickly climbed on the bed digging my hands into the bag finding chicken nuggets "Yessss" I moaned as I placed the fried chicken of deliciousness into my mouth.  I chewed happily, my eyes awkwardly glanced at Ryker's smirking figure as he kept his arms crossed as he leaned against the door.

"Your such a damn child Nova! How will he ever take you seriously!"  My wolf whined in my head.

You know how I feel about McDonalds! Don't you dare judge me! I argued back.

Wiping my face quickly with the napkin from the bag "Sorry" I mumbled slightly guilty at my quick immature actions.

He walked toward me slowly, slight tension in the making mt heart race.  I quickly popped another nugget in my mouth.  His smirk now gone "Who were talking to on the phone?" He asked sternly.

Swallowing hard "My mom" I spoke softly keeping my eyes on my food.

He nodded his head slowly making his way to stand  in front of me  "I heard you talk about my father.  What did your mother tell you"  I could distinctively hear the slight alpha command in his tone, rolling my shoulder's back in annoyance looked back at him raising an eyebrow.  

"None of your business" I bit back.

Rage flashed through his eyes "Tell me what she said" He commanded.

Popping the last couple nuggets in my mouth chewing obnoxiously before standing straight up on the bed.  Making Ryker and I at the same height. Placing my hands on my hips "I have not officially joined your pack.  Do not think you can go around commanding me.  And what I talk about with my mother is my business"

Power flowed through the both of us, battling to take charge. "I am an alpha.  You will give me an answer" He all but growled out.

"Don't upset him. Just tell him what your mom said!" My wolf commanded in my own head.

Keeping my voice forceful "Why does it matter to you"

There was a long pause between us, something flashed in his eyes before he masked it with a cold expression.

"Because I don't want anyone upsetting him.  He becomes stupid and reckless, there's a reason he's not the alpha anymore" His cold words cutting through air like butter.