Chapter 11

Days passed agonizingly slow, and by the end of the week the heat had finally ended.  Ryker never left my side unless it was to bring me food, though I wasn't able to keep much food down.

"Are you sure? Everyone will understand if you still would like a few days of rest" Ryker questioned outside the bathroom door as I dressed for breakfast.  His worry was kind but unnecessary, I actually wanted some space from him. Him being at my side so much as making me on edge and my wolf, only want one thing. If you know what I mean.

"Yes I'm sure, I feel fine.  And you're people need to know that they're Luna isn't weak" I slipped on my dark wash jeans and a violet t-shirt before finishing with my converse shoes.

"I don't want you to push yourself" He grumbled.

Running my hands through my hair, deciding to leave it down, and deciding not to bother with makeup since it probably wouldn't help my exhausted face.

"I'm not pushing myself" opening up the door to him leaning against the door frame. His appearance once again taking my breath away.   He was wearing a white beater shirt and a pair of low hanging jeans.  Tearing my eyes away from his body, it was then I notice his hands were hiding behind his back.

"Our you done ogling me yet?" He smirked down at me. Causing me to blush slightly.

"Depends.....What's behind your back?" Peeking behind him.

 He brought his hands out in front of me before opening them "This is only so you can talk to your family, no one else"

"A phone?! Really?! Thank you!" Jumping up and down happily. 

Without second thought I wrapped my arms around his neck tightly "You have no idea how happy I am" I smiled against  him.

It was then I took notice of his tense body under me.  His arms hung stiffly at his sides.  before I felt his arms wrap tightly around my torso.  His face quickly found the crook of my neck.  He inhaled deeply as if he was memorizing scent.  Tilting my head giving him more access, his lips began trailing kisses as his hands pulled me in closer.  His teeth softly nipped at the tender skin of my neck causing me to finally come to my senses.  Exhaling a shaky breath I let him go and took a step.  His eyes bored into my own as he heaved up and down, lust and passion swirling in his eyes.

"I uh, I'm going to call my mom" I spoke quickly before going back into the bathroom; closing the door shut before dialing my mother's number.  Tapping my foot impatiently as I listened to the continuous ringing....

"Hello?"

"Mom? It's me." I smiled into the phone.

"Oh Nova! Honey how are you? No one's heard from you in so long. Are they treating you right?  We've heard you're officially a part of the pack"  Her words jumbled out so fast I could barely catch everything she said.

"Slow down mom, I'm perfectly fine.  I've missed you guys so much" Sniffling softly into the phone as tears threatened to break free.  I didn't realize how much I truly missed her until I heard her voice.

"What's going on?" Concern filling her voice.

Sniffling more and trying to smile "I'm okay I've missed you guys so much. It's just been a long week.  But that's not important.  How's the family?"

There was a long pause, she sighed heavily into the phone.

"Frankie really misses you, he doesn't like to admit but you can see it in his eyes" She spoke sadly.

I felt my chest constrict at the thought of Frankie. "And dad?" I cautiously asked.  Who know's how he's handling me being gone.

"He's...he's not well Nova.  I've never seen him so angry.  I'm worried he might do something stupid.  He hasn't been the same since you left."