Chapter 3

****This chapter is dedicated to Supernatural_loverXD who helped me so much with the past couple chapters! And the picture above is Liam Hemsworth as Colton!!****"

It was the morning of Ryker's arrival. I stood hopelessly in the middle of my room giving it one last glance. My eyes caught my appearance in the mirror. My hair was placed in a sloppy bun on the top of my head while only wearing saggy sweatpants and a neon pink tank top.

"Why didn't you dress nicer? You need to look nice for our mate" My wolf scolded

Because I'm not trying to impress him, he may be our mate but that doesn't mean I'm going to kiss his ass. He threatened to attack, our friends and family. I couldn't say no to him.

My wolf silenced at my valid point. Walking down stairs I noticed my packed things at the door making my heart sink lower into my stomach. Dawn was nearly upon us as I walked into the kitchen, my mother in tears as she finished placing our breakfast on our big dining room table.

I let the aroma of her cooking engulf my nose, my mother was never one for much cooking being the Luna other pack members usually did the cooking. But when mom did cook it's always delicious. Sitting at the table my brother was quick to take a seat next to me. A few pack members sat with us as we ate in silence, my mother never liked to talk when she knows she'll cry. She sat on my other side giving my hand a reassuring squeeze.

Glancing around the room, my dad was no where in sight. Why wouldn't he at least eat breakfast with us?

Seeming to sense my confusion my mother soft voice broke through the mind link "He's not going to take this easily. He'll need time. After everything that has happened between our two packs, he won't handle this well"

"He could at least spend the last day with me. What happened to our packs, neither of you have fully explained that to me?"

Mom sighed out loud before a loud knock shook the pack house.

Everyone stood up from the table as Ryker's scent filled the air making my heart unwillingly leap. Slowly Sean walked into the dining room side by side with Ryker.

My mother's teared filled eyes looked at me. Frankie hugged my waist tightly, Hugging both of them as my eyes landed on Ryker's green ones. He looked curiously at my small family moment before I shifted my eyes away.

Slowly I walked past him doing my best to ignore the chills that came with passing him. Everyone in the house followed as I grabbed a bag and Frankie grabbing the other. Turning my head to lift an expectant eyebrow at Ryker, he was quick to open the door and guide us to his large black SUV. Where I could see someone waiting next to the trunk.

Taking my bag from Fankie I sat my things down before hugging him and my mother tightly. Whispering both their ears "I love you" as tears tried to force their way pass the dam.

Picking my things back up, I reached the man at the SUV, he bowed his head politely.

"Nova, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Beta Colton, but you can call me Cole" He said as he gently placed my things in the trunk.

Well clearly they've talked about me. Greeeeaaat. "Hello" I said with a slight smile.

Turning slightly back to Ryker over my shoulder, "How's your nose this morning?" I said smuggly. Before jumping into the backseat of the car and slamming the door shut, before he could answer.

My eyes teared as I stared into the back windshield as I listened to the front doors shut and the car starting up; slowly taking me away from the only place I knew as home. Watching my family and friends get smaller as we drove farther away.