Chapter 8

Nervousness consumed me as I got out of the shower, I hadn't talked to Ryker for hours, and the ceremony would begin in a couple hours. Wrapping a towel tightly around myself. Stepping out of the bathroom, walking to the shopping bags that I hid under the bed. A knock at the bedroom door had my neck snapping to the door.

"It's Callie, I'm coming in!" She called out before opening the door slowly.

I held my towel tighter as she closed the door behind her. "You could have waited for me to slip some clothes on.." Growling a bit. She was wearing a long black dress, with a low dip in the back, her dark hair was pulled on top of her head where it spilled over nicely.

Placing her hands on her hips, "You're not even dressed? Hurry up!" Grabbing the shopping bags and shoving them in my arms.

"Alright alright!" Chuckling at her. Stepping back into the bathroom, I began digging through the bags.

Wha-what hell are these? Callie did you give me some of your things?!" I yelled out.

Pulling out a silky lavender nighty, with matching boy shorts. "they're not for me" She laughed out.

"No way in hell am I wearing this!"

"Fine, be lame! But Ryker would love that on you!"

After slipping the dress on, I placed my feet in the shoes, walking out of the bathroom; Callie was smiling from ear to ear.

Looking to the bed, my eyes grew wide seeing piles of makeup and every type of hair product imaginable was placed on top of the bed.

"Okay, now you go sit over there and let me work my magic" Callie commanded, pointing toward a chair.

Raising an eyebrow at her demanding tone, I sat down letting Callie do what she needed to. Her skillful hands delicately put makeup on me, her face was serious as if she was a painter working on a canvas.

What seemed like forever, my body was beginning to get fidgety. I began bobbing my knee up and down impatiently  "Are you almost done?" I whined.

She laughed softly, as she continued to do my hair "Yes, I'm putting the finishing touches. Be patient"

Sighing heavily, she stepped around me crossing her arms as her eyes assessed me. She motioned for me to stand up. Rolling my eyes, I slowly stood.

"Go look" She smiled.

Walking to the bathroom quickly, I felt my eyes grow wide as saucers as I looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was lightly curled which fell to one side of my shoulder, she kept makeup was light except for the smokey eye makeup. I could hardly recognized myself.

Walking out of the bathroom, Callie was sitting patiently for me "I'm good, aren't I?" She smirked.

Nodding my head "You definitely are"

Sitting on the bed next to her, I felt my heart beginning to race. The ceremony was bound to begin soon.

Patting my back lightly, "It'll be okay. It'll be a piece of cake"

"What should I expect? All pack ceremonies are different. What will I have to do?" Asking anxiously.

"You'll walk up in front of the pack, Ryker will announce you as his mate and Luna blah, blah, blah. Then he'll cut his hand and then yours, then we'll howl like idiots and go on a run together"