Chapter 18

*****AUTHORS NOTE***** I know it's been a while since I've updated and I'm so sorry!! But I think this chapter totally makes up for it!!! :D :D :D********

My blood boiled, tremors flooded through my body as we sat silently in the car.  All I could see was a red haze of anger.  Ryker continued to try to sooth my wolf but it was no use.  My control was holding on by a thread.

"We'll have to have a pack meeting once we get home" 

Glancing at Ryker, his eyes glared as he stared off at the road. I can tell he was fighting to control his own wolf.  

"He's so fucking stupid" Growling under my breath.  Ryker grunted in agreement.  

We both fell into silence, anger fueling through each other but silence none the less.

The drive seemed to last forever, we hardly spoke the entire time.  The pack house came into view and a wave of relief flooded over me.  I didn't realize how much I had missed everyone.

Colton's body started running toward the car with a grin on his face, I could tell Ryker hadn't mind linked him. He knew nothing of what has just begun.  Ryker and I climbed out of the car , both of us doing our best to keep our expressions neutral.

"Cole get our things to our room.  Nova needs to eat and rest" Ryker said sternly.  

"Ryker I'm fine" Taking a deep breath.

Ryker's body suddenly stepped in front of me, his hands holding the side of my face, my eyes fluttered shut at touch.  "You need food and some sleep"  I could see there was no use in arguing with him. 

"Come on guys do you have to do this now? Save it for the bedroom" Colton groaned.

A smirk made its way on my face at his words as I opened my eyes to Ryker's intense gaze. "Please Nova" His soft words begged.  Sincerity and concern flowed off of him in waves.

Sighing heavily, "Fine"

Stepping into the pack house, I was greeted with many hugs from everyone.  Callie's loud voice boomed over the crowed of people surrounding me.

"Alright move aside! Best friend coming through!" 

Callie's arms found me quickly, squeezing me tightly. 

Chuckling against her "Best friend? I'm honored"

"Shut up. It got everyone out of the way didn't it?" Turning her head to everyone as she let go of me. "Scram!" 

Shaking my head laughing as the two of us started walking into the kitchen "So how has everything been here, good?"

Shrugging her shoulders "Very boring" She plopped herself on the kitchen island as I began searching for food.

"Anything fun happen while you and Ryker were gone?" Raising her eyebrow.  I distinctly took notice how she spoke the word 'fun'.

Grabbing a bowl of mixed fruit smirking at Callie. "No, nothing fun happened"  I munched on the food slowly as I felt my mind wander. 

My wolf whined out in pain from what had happened while on my father's land.  It was like my father had completely flipped a switch. My heart ached within me.  He seemed happy to find a reason to start a war with us....