Chapter 7

It was the morning of the pack ceremony, Ryker would announce me as his mate, and Luna of the pack.  I had barely even seen Ryker since the spar between Knox and I.  My heart raced as I stared at myself in the bathroom mirror.  Dark circles encased my eyes, my blonde hair in a matted mess.  Inspecting  my body, bruises on my arms and shoulders were apparent.  I was in one of Ryker's t-shirts and a pair of pink pajama shorts.  Glancing at my legs, a few purple splotches were scattered across my shins.

A knock at the bedroom door caught my attention.

Jogging to the door, I opened it quickly "Hello? Oh...Um, do you need something?"  

Callie was standing on the other side of the door awkwardly, looking uncomfortable to be near me.

"I wanted to know if you needed any help with getting ready for the ceremony" Her eyes never left the floor as she spoke.

"Seriously?  Why the sudden kindness?"  Boldly asking her.

"Because whether I like you or not, my brother is dead set on making you Luna, so-" She began.

"Wait, what?" Interrupting her.  "Brother?  You're Ryker's sister?!"

She finally looked up at me in confusion.  "Um, yes?" She paused for a moment before her eyes grew wide  "Oh god did you think we were a thing?! Jesus no!" Choking back a laugh.  Yanking her inside as she continued fits of laughter.

"Shut up" I hissed out, shutting the door behind us.

Placing her hands on her hips trying to slow her breathing "Okay" Smirking a me "Okay, seriously though, whether I like you or not, Ryker wants you.   And he gave me permission to take you shopping so you can have something proper to wear"

Crossing my arms "I can manage to take myself shopping" 

"I completely believe that, I saw what you did to Knox.  But Ryker gave us the credit card and I'm not about to say no to that" 

She and I know full well I don't have anything to wear for the ceremony.

Sighing heavily, I was never one for shopping, but Callie seemed persistent and just as stubborn as her brother.

"Fine, let's go.  I need to get out of this damn house anyway"

Clapping her hands together "Yes! Now get dressed and meet me outside in 10" 

She quickly left the room shutting the door behind her.

After slipping on a pair of black jeans a purple tank top, I quickly put my black converse shoes and jogged downstairs.  Opening the door expecting to see Callie I was a little taken back when Ryker was waiting by the closest car, leaning on it with his arms crossed.

I couldn't help letting my eyes linger at the way his biceps looked in his black wife beater shirt.  His tan skins shinning in the morning sunlight made him look like he was sculpted by God's. 

"Jesus, can you sound anymore cliche'?" My wolf laughed.
Feeling blush beginning burn my cheeks, I forced my eyes to look for Callie who was waiting on the other side of the car with a shit-eating grin, scowling at her as I reached the car.  Ryker uncrossed his arms stepping toward me inhaling deeply.  Making me want take a step back.

"Callie will take you into town for clothes, I expect you back here by noon sharp"  Sending a glare to his sister.

"Only three hours?! That's not nearly enough time!" She argued.

Turning to Callie "How much shopping are we doing?  I only need a dress, I cannot shop all day" Cocking my head to the side raising an eyebrow.

Scowling at me, Ryker's smiled down at me.  Snapping my head to him, raising my finger to him "That does not mean I want be back early.  I just don't like shopping"