Chapter 13

"Please Ryker I need music!" Whining like a small child.

"I can not listen to that crap you call music" Shaking his in disgust. "Plus we're getting close"

It had been a few days since my father had called and we decided we would come visit for a few days.  Ryker seemed uneasy the whole time we packed, and clearly uncomfortable about the situation. 

After hours of driving I felt myself smiling in anticipation as we neared the pack territory.

Gasping excitedly "We're getting close to the pack border!" 

As if right on cue I saw two pack members standing on the side of the dirt road in the distance.  Sean's face recognizable right away as we stopped at the border.  He didn't look quite the same though, bags under his eyes and his once buzzed dirty blonde hair  was now falling in front of his face.

Ryker rolled down his window as he growled at the two members. Sean's eyes quickly found me as he assessed me as much as possible and sighed in relief when seeing I was fine.

"Hey guys" Leaning over Ryker, taking notice of his tight grip on the steering wheel. "Will you please let us through, my dad is expecting us"

There was a sadness to Sean's eyes as he nodded. Ryker wasted no time to speed forward. Sitting back in my seat, uneasiness filled my stomach as I did my best to ignore it

"That blonde pup" Ryker spit out.

"Sean?" 

"I don't like the way he looked at you.  You are not to be alone with him unless I am with you" He growled out.

Instantly smirking and letting out a small laugh "Do I sense jealousy?"

He gripped the steering wheel tighter. His knuckles were nearly white.

I couldn't help but enjoy his jealous protective side. Turning in my seat I placed my hand softly on his knee "You have nothing to worry about, plus you've marked me. I'm yours" Unintentionally purring out the last words.

His eyes slowly shifted toward me, lust suddenly swirling in those beautiful green emerald eyes. Clearing my throat as we began coming up on the pack house.   I  quickly saw Frankie on the bottom steps with his arms wrapped around himself.

Looking to Ryker quickly begging him to let me go. 

He gave me one small, that was all I needed before hopping out of the car before it even stopped running full force to Frankie.

"Nova!" He got to his feet within a second meeting my arms in no time at all.

His arms quickly encased me in a iron grip hug.  "Jesus, you're stronger now then when I left you!" Eyeing him up and down "You're taller too, you even look older! I haven't been gone that long have I?" I smiled as I hugged him tighter placing a kiss on the top of his head which was only maybe an inch below my own forehead.   

He stepped back "Well I did shift so that may be why" He smirked.

"You did?! Soon enough you'll find your mate!"

He nodded a proud smile before it slipped away into serious gaze that was focused behind me. Glancing around it was then I saw Ryker walking up to us with our bags in his hands. 

Frankie looked between Ryker and I.  "I'll go let mom and dad know you're here"  He left us quickly; leaving us alone.  

Glancing around I noticed how I didn't see any other pack members which was quite odd since it wasn't a small pack.

"Alright well come on, we can put our stuff in my room" 

As I guided him through the pack house, we saw a few pack members and I would wave or smile but they would just quickly scurry off.