"Normal"

Normal. That is what we strive to be  by society's standards. But what is normal? Maybe normal has a wide variety of definitions and those that are considered "normal" or "average" are the ones that aren't right. But that's wrong. Everyone is supposed to fit in. But thanks to magazines like "Vogue" we are forced to think that normal is supposed to be a barbie doll.

Girls:

We are supposed to be a fair height, thin, skinny, dress cute, be slutty but not to slutty, and to be like the girls you see in movies. We are taught that it's not acceptable to be a pound over  "average" weight. We are not supposed to be an inch under what is "normal." We are taught that we have to be something specific if wee want to belong to society. We are supposed to be emotional and we're not allow  to get into fights, verbal or physical. We are supposed to stand on the sidelines applying our makeup so that one day we can hope that we can be accepted into society.

Boys:

They are supposed to be tall, muscular, play football or wrestling, strong, tough, and aren't allowed to show any emotions. They are supposed to dress nicely and when it gets hot they're supposed to take  off their shirts to reveal their six pack for the girl standing across the street. They are not allowed to not be muscular, they're not allowed to have glasses if they aren't "cute nerdy." When they're older they have to wear nice suits to match their nice job in a city.

Guess what society?

NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO CONFORM TO FEEL THAT THEY BELONG. Maybe we want to know that we belong without having to change. They'll all say "you don't have to change to fit in." Society is forcing people to change who they are, what makes them happy, to be miserable but to be accepted by society. Girls are allowed  to get into fights to defend themselves and they're allowed to be into kickboxing if they want or maybe it's self defense. Boys are allowed to have whatever job they want and if they need glasses then they are the only person who has to like them. If they don't want to take off their shirt then they don't have to. We are ourselves and we're proud of it but society is messing with everyone's head. We are happy with ourselves and we don't want to change and if we do, it's because we decided we wanted to do it for ourselves.

Does our happiness mean nothing to society?

Who are they?

Where is this "society" person or group located?

I'd like to give them a good slap.