You're doing it wrong

I don't think you know how it feels. I think that, because you do it so naturally. You make a girl fall for you and then string her along thinking that she's safe with you and that she's got nothing to worry about. You make all of her worries go away because when she's in your arms, all of her stress melts away. You make her forget every problem she has and you do a good job because she also forgets that you're one. Whenever someone asks her what home is to her she'll say "his arms" because you've changed her life, supposedly for the better.

She doesn't know what you're about to do to her. Why would she? You haven't given her a clear cut reason to see what you're going to do to her. She trusts you. She thinks you've built her up, not torn her down. You're supposed to be her rock: grounded and firm, there for support whenever she needs it. You're not supposed to crumble under her soft touch.

You're not supposed to string her along because you feel like it. You're supposed to make her feel like she's loved, loved in a way she didn't even know existed. You're supposed to have a healthy relationship. If that means fights then so be it. You work your way through them. You don't see them as an excuse to end things because you don't feel like keeping the relationship together anymore. You have to pull your weight. If the relationship ends, it should be because you both stop caring about the other. Not because she kissed one other guy which mean nothing that happened under careless circumstances. You talk to her. You work your way through. You don't end it and if you do end it, it sure isn't going to end without a hell of a fight from both of you.

You don't know how it feels because you're not going to be the one to end up with a broken heart. You're going to be fine. She's the one with a broken heart, she's the one that knows you didn't put up a fight. You don't know how empty you're making her feel, like she screwed something up when all she did was love you endlessly. You're the one who screwed up.

You're the one who lost her