Power

You made me a liar.

I said  I wouldn't give you any more power and I meant it. I honestly did mean it and I meant to follow through with it.

Except here's the problem,

You manipulated me yet again.

I meant to text your friend since he's my friend too. 

But you answered.

Of course you didn't say it was you flat out. But I knew. You made the conversation about you.

You thought I didn't know but I did.

So I decided to screw with you because you deserved it.

But that's when you did what you always do.

You manipulated me into catching feelings for you. AND I DON'T WANT THAT.

You've screwed me over so many times and we both know this won't work out. So, why do keep pretending that it will work out when we know it won't?

And here's the thing: it's not my fault. FOR ONCE, it's not my fault. I'm willing to put in the work because I know that yes, we don't run in the same social circle or live in the same town or even go to the same school for that matter but I'M WILLING TO TRY UNLIKE YOU.

You want to easy route. And that's fine. But stop screwing with me and just tell me. Tell me that that's what you want and stop dragging me along.

I don't want to keep getting hurt.

But that's what keeps happening because I'm giving you too much power.

And that needs to stop.

Except for some reason...

It's out of my control