"I love you"

I have to say this.
If I don't say it now, I don't know what will happen.

I love you.

It's as simple as that.

I love you.

You never knew. How would you? It's been what, 3 years? 4 years?
Sweetheart, you've been gone a while.
You broke my heart, but it made it stronger.
This does not, however, give you permission to do it again.

I love you.

I love the times that we had together. We were that cute couple that people aspired to be. We were that story book happily ever after. We were the ones that everyone was jealous of.

I love you.

We were magic. The connection between us was like the kind you see in the telenovelas but it was still kind and caring like on those typical tv shows where the cheerleader dates the quarterback of the football team. But there weren't as many bumps in the road like they would have. Our road was smooth as silk. And it was beautiful.

Now you're back and we're trying to figure out how to get back on that beautiful silk road.
But then you left again, and it's so long.

I love you.

I'm holding on. I want to believe that we can be something. I want to believe that we can work this out and be together. If we can make it through these past 3 or 4 years, what's going to stop us now?

I love you.

Whether or not you choose to believe it, I really do love you. I'm not just saying it. Whatever happens between us, I'll always love you.

I love you.

Always have, always will