SOMEBODY'S WIFE

SEBASTIAN

I'm still breathing. Luckily wifey was more understanding than I thought she'd be. She's always had a fear of marriage or as she likes to say reservations about marriage so when I asked her to marry me,I was praying hard to the powers that be that she said yes. Sending my uncles to her family was my way of making sure she had no choice but to agree to marrying me. Thanks to the higher power,she said yes. Now we're packing for Durban,well she is.

"You didn't have to put on a show though baby,you could've just waited till I got home to propose"

"I was afraid that you turn me down like the last time"

"You weren't serious the last time you asked"

"And that one time I asked you before you went to university?"

"We weren't ready then"

"You see when it comes to marriage you always have an answer ready. I wonder at times if you will go through with it or you'll be Julia Roberts in runaway bride"

"I won't. It's not that I'm afraid of marriage but I believe it's a huge commitment and should be taken seriously and I wasn't going to get married until it felt right to me to take that step and right now,I feel it's the right time and I know now,you're in it for the long haul"

"Damn right I am"

"Let me finish baby,we have to leave in 2 hours"

"Manda you won't need all those things. We'll be back by Sunday night"

"I might need them you never know. I have to be a present myself as a proper makoti"

"My family has known you since you were in diapers,there's no need to impress them"

"Just let me pack"

Junior walks in the bedroom with his back pack

"I'm done dad"

"Let me see what you packed"

He hands me his back pack

"But boy,there's only toys in here?"

"Well at gogos house I have clothes so I don't need to pack"

"Ok,so you have your toothbrush at gogos"

"Yes dad"

"I wish your mma would be done,the cab will be here any minute"

"I'm done,let's go...no wait"

She runs off to the bathroom,morning sickness at 10h00pm,it sure has bad timing. Let me tell the cab driver to give us a minute.

"Jr go to the car,I'll go check on mommy"

"Will she be okay dad?"

"Yes don't worry,ok?"

He nods his head as I go check on Manda whose brushing her teeth. I fix a plastic and paper bag for her to use while we are driven to the airport. Can't wait till we get to Durban. We had planned to tell the family after 3 months when we were out of any danger,since the 1st trimester is very crucial in pregnancy,that we were expecting but the way the pregnancy is treating her we won't even have to tell them,they'll see for themselves.

"Are you okay?"

"I'll be fine,let's just go. Thanks for the bag my love"

"It's the least I can do"

We leave

DURBAN

We had a safe flight. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 11h30. We arrived in Durban an hour or more later. Amanda had no morning sickness after leaving the house. My cousin is picking us up from the airport. We find him waiting for us,Jr is fast asleep. I put him in the car and help Amanda with the bags. I sit in the front with my cousin,Amanda and Jr sit at the back. I keep checking to see if they're fine. I'm exhausted all I want to do is sleep but I can't sleep in the car because I fear we might get involved in an accident and I'll die not knowing I died. It's a rational fear you know.