BACK TO BUSINESS

It's Monday and I'm back at the store,first one in today. Had to come do some last minute touch ups on a customers dress,she's getting married in 2 days. The shop is still in one piece,I wonder if my co-workers are in one piece though it's 8h30,they're still not here and the shop opens in 30 minutes. We need to sort out some stuff and make sure everything in the shop is in order or working condition for the customers. I guess they're running late. I continue with making the dress and attending to other orders when all 4 of them walk in together.

"Sorry boss lady there was a major accident on the highway involving a bus,minibus and 2 cars" Jay

"Yeah it was gruesome. I couldn't look" Cece adds

"It's okay guys. As long as you guys are well"

"And how was Durban hun" Amo asks

"Yeah,how's your father?" Melo adds

"Durban was fine. My dad is doing well. It was nothing major though his body eas just reminding him to take proper care of himself"

"Why are you all smiles" Jay

"Is it a crime for a girl to smile"

"No but that smile says there's more to 'Durban was fine' than you're telling us,so out with it" Jay

"But it was fine"

"Mmmhh! What's with the glow?" Melo

"I went to the beach"

"I know they say sea water cleanses but that's no sea water glow. Your nubian king must have put it on you real good hey" Jay

"Guys there's customers in the shop please assist. Jay you and Melo have dresses to finish"

"Yep she got some" Jay

I wish I had gotten some. I'm so sexually furstrated right now,everything makes me think of sex. When we got to my place on Friday ,I discovered I was on my period,Damien wanted to continue but I hate having sex wiyh my period so I refused. He got mad and left. I haven't spoken to him since. Periods have fucked up timing. I really don't get how we have to go through period pains and being horny at the same time. It's not fair. A couple walks in holding hands and looking so inlove. Why can that be me. I love Damien but I'm not inlive with him. He's amazing guy and good with my son but I don't see myself marrying him. I want to fall inlove. I don't remember the last time I fell inlove ,ohk well maybe I did fall inlove a couple of weeks back with a shoe.

"Hi"

"Hey ladies,how can I help you?"

"I'm Lorraine and this is Jessica,my fiance. We're looking for dresses"

"For both of you?"

"Yes,we're getting married in four months and we'd both like to wear wedding dresses"

"What are you looking for?"

"Well I like a princess wedding gown and she prefers something straight and simple"

They tell me what they would lime their wedding dresses to look like and then we walk around looking for what they want. We find a few princess gowns the other partner Lorraine likes but we still haven't found anything simple that Jess likes.

"Jess are you sure it's a dress you want"

She doesn't answer me but instead she's starring a suit we have on display in the women's suit section. She seems very taken by it so I lead her into the suit section. We cater for everyone in this bridal shop.

 We cater for everyone in this bridal shop

Her suit

"I want a suit baby" Jess says to Lorraine

"But I thought we were both going to wear dresses my love"

"You want to wear a dress,not me. I haven't even found any dress I like but I love that suit and I want it."

I feel like an intruder so I leave me to sort out their issues while I assist Amo with customers.

"Hey girl,looks like your customers can't make a decision" Amo

"Yeah,they're having a little lovers quarrel"

"So what happened in Durban?"

"What do you mean?"

"You left here not really happy about the possibility of bumping into Seba's dad"

"Well I did bump into him"

"Really what happened? "

I tell her the story of how I told my biggest secret and how everyone knew it except the one it was about.

"Atleast he didn't deny his child"

"I was shocked myself at his reaction. I thought they'd both hate me. Not like I would blame them cause what I did was wrong"

"I'm just glad they both finally know about each other. "

"Me too but I really enjoyed spending time with my son and his father. It felt like old times. Amo we still have it even after 7 years,we still have that chemistry. That thing that made us click when we were young or should I say that made his groupies hate me in high school. I'm lucky no girl ever confronted me about him,they always went to him and he would threaten them and he'd come tell me about it."

"You should see yourself when you speak about him. You actually light up,it also happens when you talk about Seba. I can see the love written all over your face"

"I really thought I was over him but these week all those feelings returned and I was in high school again,inlove with one of the most popular guys in school. I put him in the friendzone cause I knew he had a different girl in every grade and the girls would actually beat each other up for him and the next year he'd find another girl. He had a girl for every month ok maybe not that much but he loved girls. His mother would scold him everyday for the different women who came to her doorstep looking for him but he'd deny any relation with them. He'd tell his mom that there's only three important women in his life her,his sister and me."

"When will you end it with Damien?"

"What? Why?"

"Cause Sebastian has got you wrapped around his little finger"

"Is it that obvious?"

"Yes heffer it is" Jay comes out of nowhere

"I hate you guys"

"Leave Damien to me to enjoy all that chocolate and go love your baby daddy" Jay

"You're not his type" Cece

"You guys are crazy. I'm not leaving Damien. Anyway my baby daddy as you call him is engaged to be married."

They continue gruelling me about my life until closing time. Another day well spent with my friends. I miss my baby though. I'll call him when I get home.

Jay in the mm