Chapter 37- The truths of the world

It had been a few weeks since my experience with the abomination called king. I had been training without end to try and become stronger. That monster had not only beaten me within an inch of my life, but he seemed to do it with ease. He would have been successful if the mysterious interference wouldn't have happened. As if that wasn't enough, there were two abominations numbered higher than him. Although it was never proven that the numbers labeled abominations by strength I wasn't going to risk it. There had been no luck on finding the last piece of the rune.

However my non stop training had seemed to actually be successful, as I was rapidly leveling up. Suddenly, I revived a message from someone I had not spoken to in a very long time. It was master Trian. His message simply said to meet him immediately at the location provided. It was a cave at the edge of the map.

Since my current mission was to become stronger I didn't think much about it and I simply made my way to the cave. It was far away and in an area that didn't have anything else around it I could fast travel to, so I had to walk there.

During the walk, I started to think of a few thing. Why did he wait so long to message me? Was I only just now getting powerful enough to continue his training? Could he possibly be the person that intervened in my fight against king?

The only way to find out was to ask him but first I'd have to get there.

After a long walk I finally arrived at the cave. It was huge, much bigger than a normal cave. I walked in and saw a open area with torches keeping it brightly lit. Master Trian was sitting in the center and stood up when I entered.

"I've been watching your progress. You've gotten much stronger than I expected you to. Even more interesting than that, you are close to ending this game. You only lack one more piece."

"Thats right.."

"The last piece, do you know where it is?"

"No.."

"I didn't think so, but I do. I also know that getting it will be one of the biggest challenges you've ever faced."

"How do you know all that? Do~ do you have it? Are you an abomination?"

He laughed and laughed, "no, no to both of those. Though I'm not exactly a normal player either. All your questions will be answered in time. If you can pass my last test.."

"The last test?"

"Indeed. I knew from the beginning you'd play a large role in all this. So I guided you indirectly and trained you to get beyond your normal limits."

"Were you the one that attacked king?"

"It wasn't me, you'll have to figure that mystery out on your own. But before anything.. our last training session, your last test. Afterwards I'll give you all the answers I have"

"Ok.."

He tossed me a potion and told me to drink it before we got started. I did as he said and suddenly all my gear was unequipped and all my skills were blacked out.

"Your last test is fighting me without skills or gear. You have nothing at your disposal, and I will use everything at mine."

"Ok, I'm ready."

He quickly drew a sword and charged me, slicing open my stomach and getting behind me. He then put his sword under his arm and attempted to stab backwards at me piercing my back.

I stumbled forward as he charged me and slashed downward. I side stepped and put my foot on the sword slamming my other knee upward and into his face. He released the sword and it vanished. A spear appeared in his hand and he backed away spinning it rapidly.