Stay Alive

~Harry~

"I should probably check what that noise was." I said and got up from Emily's warm embrace. You could say that I thought she was the one. It's been awhile since I had a play fight with anyone.

All we did was kiss and wrestle on the bed. Nothing too far. I wouldn't do that.

As we had just drifted off to sleep, we heard some noise, I figured it must be Marcel and Ember. His bedroom door was open so I walked to a window where I could see a driveway and of course his car was gone.

I wonder where they could be.

"If you're worried, call them." Emily calls from the doorway. She's all wrapped up in my favorite blanket. She looks so adorable. I just want her to be mine forever.

Emily smiles up at me as I walk over and put my arms around her and plant a kiss on her lips.

"Hey, Em?" I ask.

"Yes. Harry?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Her eyes sparkle in the dim light of the hallway.

"Yes."

Perfect. She's just perfect.

Now Marcel and Ember. Where are they?

"Thank you." I smile and pull out my phone and place a quick kiss on the top of her head.

The phone rings in my hand as I put it on speaker.

"Yo?" a voice says.

"Uh, Marcel?"

"Looking for Marcel huh? Well he's dead." A gunshot goes off and the line goes silent.

Emily is terrified.

"Ha..." She utters.

"Let's go." I say and sprint to the door. I parked my car on the side of the house. I did it because it's a nicer car than Marcel's and I didn't want to cause trouble. Besides, I didn't want to go flashing my money around. I only used Marcel's car so he assumes that I think it's better than mine.

"Em..You call the cops and have them trace the phone. I'll drop you off there and you call me when you find out. I think I might know where they are." I say pulling out a tracking device. Mrs. Slovak must have left it behind. It was a tracking device for Marcel's car. I found it the other day when I was rummaging around in the house when no one was home.

I have no idea why she had one, but it sure came in handy now. Sure Emily didn't have to go to the police, but it would be a hell of a lot safer with her there than in the line of fire.

"Okay." Emily says, but her voice catches and tears spill out.

"No. Don't cry. Everything is okay." I say trying to drive and comfort her.

"Marcel is dead, Harry!" She says between sobs. "Dead, Harry!"

He can't be.

Please Marcel. Don't give up that fight to live. Stay alive. Wherever you are.