Chapter 3: Afternoon Jello

Ah...My favorite time of day. Afternoon jello. As the guard drops off three jellos. One green for James, one red for me, and a blue for, what I am guessing to be, Anoura's jello. They give us jello once a day with all of our "medicine" packed into it. Meaning no NEEDLES! Did I mention I hate needles? Yeah, I do. As I eat my delicious, cherry jello, I ponder over how I'm going to get James alone when he's still practically drooling over Anoura. James, man, drooling is really uncivilized. You should know better, bro. I think, chewing on a piece of jello. I shall confront him tonight while Anoura sleeps.
*******
    I have insomnia so the company gave me a tennis ball to play with until I sleep. I have been bouncing it across the room and eventually catching it again. The others are asleep. The room is dark and cold, but the blankets are nice and warm. There is no light besides the one I provide myself with a small flame. Time to wake James up.
"James." I whisper shout. "James."
No answer. I throw the tennis ball at him and it hits him in the head, jolting him awake.
"Ow." He loudly complains. I use my telekinesis to cover his mouth and look over to Anoura. She's still sleeping. Whew. I look back at James.
"Come here." I quietly whisper. He cocks his head in confusion. I sigh heavily and say it again but a tiny bit louder. He gets up off of his bed and silently walks over here.
"What's up?" He asks.
"Anoura. We can't trust her." I say as he gazes over at Anoura. "James." I say sternly. He darts his eyes back to me and I go on talking about what I think but I notice that his eyes have drifted back to Anoura. I snap my fingers and James looks back at me quickly.
"I'm listening." He says, nervously.
"Really?" I ask, already knowing the answer.
"Yeah."
"What did I say, then?"
"Um." James looks down, nervously wringing his hands 
"Mhm. Right." I say sarcastically. Someone pick up the phone because I called it.
"Whatever. I think living in this place has made you a little paranoid." James says groggily.
"I'm not paranoid!" I snap, getting a little frustrated. James's eyes find their way back to Anoura and I punch him in the arm. "Focus!"
"I am!"
"James. You are a terrible liar."
"Am not!" He states but clearly lying, his eye twitching.
"Your eye is twitching again." I say broadly.
"Is not!" He says, his eyes still twitching.
"Whatever, James. We need to get to know her. Can you possibly get her in on a plan of escape by the end of the week? If we don't we're screwed." I say a little annoyed.
"Okay. Fine. Whatever. Just go back to sleep"
"You know me. I hardly ever sleep."
"Well have fun. But I am going to bed and sleeping."
As James walks back to his bed, I pick the tennis ball back up with my telekinesis and levitate it back to my hand just to throw it at the wall.