Chapter 16: Escape Part I

I'm worried about Rose. She wasn't allowed to sleep for a few days straight. Plus, being in the dark for a while like that adds to the fact that she was probably hallucinating. At least they made sure she had food and water, right?
    Once we put her onto her bed, she was out like a light. She could be better by tomorrow with sleep, but there's still the possibility that that whole thing will affect her in the long run. It makes me wonder why they did that to her.
*******
I walk up to James shaking me.
"It's time to get up." He says.
It's still dark in here. Early in the morning, for sure.
Rose is sitting upright on her bed, creating a small light for us to see each other.
She's staring off into nowhere when I call out her name. She jumps, but remains silent. She looks at me.
"You okay?" I ask.
She shakes her head as if she's trying to lose a train of thought from her head.
"Yeah. Just very tired." She sighs shakily.
"How are we going to get out of the cell?" I ask.
James and I look at Rose and she looks back.
"Rose, do you think you could bend the bars?" James asks.
Rose remains silent and walks across the room. It's as if she's gliding. There's no sound of her feet hitting the floor. She grabs two of the bars with each hand and pulls them apart without much visible effort. As the metal bends, it makes a loud squeaky noise.
"I heard something, man." A guard says, seeming to have entered the room with someone else.
I freeze. Rose steps out of the cell and turns her light off. Suddenly, you can see the flashlight of a guard shine in Rise and she punches him, sending him flying into his partner and knocking them to the ground.
Wow!
That was... Disturbing. James and I step out of he cell and walk towards the light that Rose is creating.
We keep walking down he hall as silent as we can because we don't want to get caught and I'm pretty sure nobody heard the other guards get punched across the room.
I let the others lead because I don't have a clue as to where we're going and they've done this before. We get to a set of double doors with a small number pad on the right of the doors at eye level.
"Anoura. What's the passcode?" James asks, walking over to the keypad and Rose walks in front of the doors, preparing herself for anything that may come through the doors upon them opening. I punch in the code.
Then, the doors open. I prepare myself for a horde of guards to rain upon us, but nothing is there. And it's like this for the next ten or so doors. Then the alarms sound. I can hear the marches of guards 
My heart starts to pound out of my chest. What if the others get hurt, or worse, killed? I look at Rose who has deep bags under her eyes and looks as if she's going to pass out. It makes sense. We only got a few hours of sleep.
I punch in the code and the doors open. There are about four guards and they rush us as soon as they can. Rose throws a punch at one of them and sends him and a guard behind him flying into the wall.
Rose is breathing hard. The other two stop at the sight and slowly back away. James uses his telekinesis and throw the other two into another wall.
Rose falls to her knees.
"I think Rose needs a break" I say, trying to help Rose to her feet with James.
"No." She argues. "I'm fine. I'm just..."
Then she collapses.