Chapter 19: We Gotta Go!

I hear a quiet sob that could only have come from James. I turn from looking down the hall for more guards to James who is holding Rose. I walk over to them and kneel down next to them. I put my hand on James's shoulder and he flinches. An alarm starts to go off.
"James. We gotta go." I say, concerned.
"N-no..." He sobs, his voice really shaky. "I'm not leaving her here."
"Listen. She's gone. Look at the tips of her hair. They're black. Black is the color of death. Get ahold of yourself. She's gone. She isn't coming back." I say sternly. I know it sounds cold hearted but we need to go and he needs to realize it.
James looks at me with his face covered in tears.
"How could you?" He asks. "I am not leaving her here."
James starts to sob harder and his tears roll off his face and onto hers. It's really quite sad. I sigh as I push back tears and swallow a lump in my throat.
"Take her with, then. We have to go."
Rose's eyes open slightly and she looks up at James.
"Rose!" James gasps silently.
She puts her right hand up to his face and rubs it with her thumb. I swallow a lump in my throat and blink back tears. She gently puts her hand down and her head falls loosely, her eyes closing once again and her face rendering expressionless.
James screams as if he is stabbed in the heart. One of his tears falls onto her eye and surprisingly, the tear vanishes into it. The two suddenly start to glow a bright green. What is happening?
I look at Rose and the wound on her head slowly seals up. I look at her left hand on the floor and it had the same thing happening to it. Is he... Healing her?
After about five minutes, Rose has her color back and the tips of her hair turn purple. Oh. My. God. I can't believe it. He brought her back to life!
"James!" I say quietly but excitedly.
He looks up at me.
"What?"
"Look! You healed her! You brought her back to life!"
"I did?" He asks, looking at Rose with hope and a bit of happiness in his voice.
"Yeah. Look! Her wounds are sealed. Her color is back. And the tips of her hair are purple. Purple for calm. You did it!"
I suddenly remember that we have to leave.
I stand up.
"Come on. We gotta go." I say.
James stands up and I hear a gunshot. James suddenly falls to his knees, dropping rose to the ground. There's a bullet hole in James's left shoulder.