Chapter 6: The Choice (James's P.O.V.)

What did I do? I think as I look at Rose's unconscious body with her hand still freely bleeding. My only friend for six years and now look what I have done. She will never forgive me. I will never forgive myself. I drop the reinforced metal pole to the floor in horror. As I look at Rose, I don't see Anoura coming over until she wraps her hand around mine. I quickly rip off a part of my shirt and wrap it around Rose's hand.
    A rush of doctors takes her to the Medical Bay for blood transfusion. I slowly get up then a sudden mass is hurling into me. It's ANOURA!
"Thank you! So much for saving me from that attention-." She says in relief cut off by me. 
"Don't call her that," I mumble.
"Well, isn't it obvious? Why else would she act like that?" She says as if it's. the most obvious thing in the world.
"She's the only friend I've had for six years. She didn't go searching for attention. She was watching what she said around you because she thought you were a spy from the company sent here to get to know our plans to escape."
"Well, then she's a paranoid attention whore."
"Don't call her that!" I say louder.
 "It's either her or me. Choose."
 I turn and walk out of the room to the Medical Bay.