Chapter 5: The Fight (Rose's P.O.V)

I take my stuff over to the single table in the room that the others are sitting at and sit across from James. There's a silence for a few minutes as I eat my food.
"Are you okay?" James asks with sympathy.
"I'm fine," I say, clearly not fine.
"No, you are not fine," James says.
"It looks like you need to clean that cut up," Anoura says.
"Don't tell me what to do," I reply, sternly.
"I was just trying to HELP you!" Yells Anoura.
"I don't NEED your help. If you haven't noticed, I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself."
"Uh huh. You really proved that with the whole sword thing this morning."
"YOU don't KNOW ME!" I say deadly calm and trying not to get angry.
I can feel the room get noticeably warmer. The tips of my hair change to deep orange and red. Everyone in the room slowly backs away from Anoura and me.
"You know what I do know? Is that you are an attention whore who has a really bad attitude."
That's it. I raise my left hand and grab Anoura with my telekinesis, the table being pushed away and my sketch book falling to the floor. I raise Anoura up into the air. She squirms in my grasp in an attempt to escape, but it's no use. My focus is too strong.
"ROSE! STOP!" James yells.
I ignore him and Anoura tries to shoot water at me but I dodge it and it only makes me angrier. I start to close my hand into a fist, slowly choking her.
"Project Q, put Project C down." A doctor says.
I turn my head to them.
"I am not a DOG!" I say.
Just then, James comes up to me and hits my hand with something. Severely intense pain swells my whole body and I lose concentration on Anoura, dropping her. I grab my wrist in pain and scream. I watch the bandage leak blood onto the floor.
James... He... He hit me. I think, my body going numb with the amount of blood loss and my heart breaks. I thought he was my friend. I start to see black dots in my vision and ringing in my ear. I drop to my knees. I then go unconscious with a broken heart.