Chapter 9: Harder than I Thought

I sit in the very uncomfortable Medical Bay chair waiting for Rose to wake up. How is she ever going to forgive me? I won't even forgive me! How could I hurt her? I think sadly as I rub her had with my thumb. She was going to kill a person! But I almost killed her... After hours of arguing with myself... I see her stir. Okay you can do this... She opens her eyes. Come on get some guts!.. She lifts her hand away from me and turns away

"Don't be like that, Rose, please." I say. I can't lose her ! Not now, not after eight years of friendship. I think.

"Please! I can't live without my bestfriend" I say a little more desperately this time.

"If I am your best friend, then why did you hit me?" She says softly. I don't know. After hours of pondering I didn't know. I think to myself

"You know what? I don't want to know." she says.

"Please, Rose! Just look at me!

The door opens and silently shuts behind me. I turn around and find Anoura standing behind me and looking at Rose. I get up and take her out of the room.

"What are you doing, here, Anoura?" I say.

"I-I just wanted to apologize... To both of you. Another voice says.

"Are you kidding? If you haven't noticed, it's not the best time to apologize."

"I just want to try. Even if she doesn't listen I still want her to know I am sorry." Says Anoura.

She wants to apologize to ROSE? I think.

"And what has motivated you to do this noble gesture?" I say with venom in my voice. "Last I remember you thought she was an attention whore, who I shouldn't be hanging out with."

"I know, I know, I wasn't the nicest of people back there but I was still a little mad that she almost KILLED me! AND insulted me!" She retorts back with slightly less venom.

"And I almost Killed her trying to save your ass, Anoura. I think it is best if you leave and come back another time." And with that, I try to open the door but it only rattles.

I Sigh.

"I think I should go, too." I say with sadness in my voice. With that, I walk away and Anoura stays, not heeding my warning.

Looks like apologizing will be harder than I thought.