Texts and Tears

Ross' POV

I was kneeling on the road leaning on Calum's chest crying my eyes out. I mean I never cry. So you can tell how upsetting this is.

Soon after, the paramedics arrived and carried his lifeless body into the ambulance.

I asked if I could ride with him and they let me.

The whole ride there I was worried. Nothing else. No other emotions. Just worried.

What would I do without him? He's been there with me for like- Well forever.

The ambulance stopped and they rushed me out of the ambulance as they quickly wheeled Calum away.

I texted Laura and Raini.

Ross: Hey.

Raini: Where are you! We've been worried sick.

Ross: Just get to the hospital. Calum is in trouble.

Raini: What! What happened?!?

Ross: I'll explain later! Just hurry!

Raini: Ok. We're on our way!

-Before the accident-

Laura's POV

I was talking to Raini about the person she just met.

She was going on about him but I couldn't get the thought of Calum liking Raini.

I looked to my watch to see that we had been talking for a hour!

Wait. Where's the boys?

I asked Raini if she knew where the boys were. She simply shook her head then spoke again.

"Do you know what was wrong with Calum. He just stormed out of the shop." I started thinking about me telling her and the consequences. I was about to tell her my response but we we're interrupted by Raini's phone.

I saw it was from Ross. Raini texted him back. Her eyes were widening each time a message was received. I was curious to know what was happening.

"Oh no! Laura come on!" She said literally pulling me up. "What's going on Rain?" I asked nervously. "I'll explain in the car. I nodded as we ran to her car.

She gave me her phone to look at the texts.

I sat through the rest of the car ride in silence.

We arrived at the hospital and ran to the main reception and to a lady at the desk.

"Calum Worthy?" Raini asked nervously. "Ah yes. Hold on a minute." We both started shaking a bit. "Mr. Worthy is not yet out of the examination room but you can wait with the others on level 3, ward 7." The lady replied. "Thank you so much." We said in unison and ran to the place she said.

Everyone was waiting outside of Calum's room. Raini and I joined them. Ross told us what happened which made us all shed a tear or two. We all hugged and just prayed for Calum's health.

After a hour or so, the doctor came into the waiting room to talk to us. We all shot up and ran up to him.

"Calum is alive. But he is not recovering as fast as we'd hope. He is awake so you can all go to see him.

Raini's POV

I ran into Calum's room and gently hugged him. I'm so happy that he's not dead!

Ross was apologizing to him for about 20 minutes and Calum would just keep responding with, 'It wasn't your fault' or 'Don't worry about it'.

We all had our share of hugs and kisses. We all sat around his bed and talked for 2 hours or so.

After a few more minutes, Calum seemed to become more distant.

He slowly closed his eyes making us call in the nurses and doctors.

Calum began to flat line as the doctors shoved us out of the room. I began to break down as the others comforted me.

Please. Please don't leave me.

Calum's POV

I started to feel as if I was floating. I think I finally woke up.

Wait! This isn't LA!

Wait. This isn't earth.

"Am I in heaven?" I said aloud. "Yes son. You are." Said a familiar voice. "Mom?" I looked at the women and she nodded. I ran up to her and hugged her so tight.

-Flashback-

"Mommy! Where's dadda?" I asked her. "I don't know sweetie. He's probably out with- err- friends." She replied. "But he's always out with friends!" I said. "I know Caly hon.

My dad pushed through the front door drunk as usual. "Dadda!" I yelled. "Shut up! Go to bed!" He said making me cry. He slapped me across the face.

My mom came running for me and grabbed me.

She walked up the stairs with me in her arms. She turned her head back and tell my dad, "You are hanging by a very thin thread. This needs to stop. Sleep on the couch tonight. I don't want you anywhere near my son."

My mom continued to walk up the stairs. She lay me down in my crib in my parents room.

"Goodnight sweetie. Sweet dreams." She lay me down on the blanket and I fell asleep.

I began to smell smoke making me begin to cry and scream.

My mom shot up and looked around frantically before picking me up and running out of the bedroom. There was fire everywhere. Somehow my mom managed to get around the fire.

The front door was insight. She opened the door and was about to run but got crushed by wood from the roof.

She looked at me and kissed my head.

"Goodbye Calum." She chucked me gently to the lawn. I looked back at her as she lay there dead.

-End of Flashback-

"Thank you so much mom." I said. "Thank you for what?" She asked. "Everything. I just realized that I never got the chance to thank you. I love you mommy." I said making us giggle at my last sentence.

We hugged again for about 5 minutes.

"I'll never leave you again mom." I said making her pull back. "Yes you will sweetie pie." I gave her a confused look. "You have your whole life ahead of you hon." I frowned. "I know. But I don't want you to leave again." I stated. "I'll never leave you son. I'll always be in here." She said whilst pointing to my heart. I hugged her again. I would hold on forever but I know I need to go back soon. "Son. You need to get back or else you'll die officially." We hugged again as I waved goodbye one last time. "I love you mom." She smiled. "I love you too Caly Waly." I giggled and walked back. Back to my life.

A/N

Hey guys! A 2 n 1 special today! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. It was longer than usual so I hope you liked it.

Anyway...

Please Vote, Comment, Share and Follow Me on Wattpad and Twitter at YayNoahP225

Thanks For Reading!

Stay Rossome!